Getting back out there- Goals for 2015?

willyz

Getting back out there- Goals for 2015?

Postby willyz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:02 pm

After a couple years of getting settled back in LA, a little day gig and/or financial drama, replacing stolen gear, etc, I've decided it's time for me to get back out there and play much more than I have done in 2014. This year in hopes of getting some more gigs I'm working on swallowing my pride and mentally skewing my pay vs hang vs music requirements.

My one year anniversary at work is about four months away and if the money comes I'll definitely be looking out for a lock-out of my own in hopes of getting some balls rolling.

What changes do y'all have in mind for your drumming/music/gigging in 2015? Goals? It helps to document this stuff!

Cheers.
Got Blushda?
DeeP_FRieD

Re: Getting back out there- Goals for 2015?

Postby DeeP_FRieD » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Sound's like a plan.

I had some transportation related stresses all through 2014, which put a serious damper on my ability to accept gigs, but got them all taken care of just before the new year.

Although I plan I playing much more this year, I'm really trying to focus on getting more creative things going rather than hopping into the casual and top 40 trenches.

I'm going to seriously work on devoting much more time to practicing, that is, practicing ideas and technique, not learning mile long song lists.

I've also kicked my composition gears back on and plan on trying to get enough good stuff to make an album by years end.
electrizer

Re: Getting back out there- Goals for 2015?

Postby electrizer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:50 am

Return to “Drumming Chat”