New Sabians Big and Ugly

markie04drum

New Sabians Big and Ugly

Postby markie04drum » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Kinda remind me of Istanbul's Signature or Meinl's Dry series. Sound good to me

GoAndPractice

Re: New Sabians Big and Ugly

Postby GoAndPractice » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm

This is way cool. Glad to see they're expanding their line of ride cymbals. I always thought their selection of rides like these was pretty limited compared to the other brands.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:39 pm

I guess this guy likes these cymbals. What he should say is that no matter what make, size, metal every cymbal has its own character and you find that cymbals personality. Artists need to tone the BS down. It's starting to stink.

Go Patriots!! DeflateGate and all
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:06 am

I dare you to suffer through this:

bored at work

Postby bored at work » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 am

electrizer wrote:I dare you to suffer through this:

I'd rather pass a kidney stone!
GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:28 pm

This forum sometimes
percusski

Postby percusski » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 am

electrizer wrote:I dare you to suffer through this:

What a complete tit, the voice of drumming speaks again.
Speaking of complete tits, there was a post on Facebook recently by uk drummer Steve White (who incidentally is completely revered here in the UK for some reason)... concerning an exercise he was going to present at a well established, and one would assume, high level music school here...basically playing a paradiddle at the speed of the 16th triplet. I questioned whether students of that level should perhaps be given something a little more challenging. Incredibly it was met with an unbelievably over-emotional response where he asked me whether I had sold 18 million records, as he had and therefore 'knows what he's talking about'! I thought it was incredible that someone would try to suggest that commercial success in any way is synonymous with academic relevance, why not therefore have Meg White write the new Berkley syllabus. It seems sad to me that, in the UK at least, the music education system is full of people like this who although being 'ok' at what they do, they are by no stretch of the imagination innovators or thorough students of the art, or worse still have no intention of being.
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:24 am

percusski wrote:
electrizer wrote:
Speaking of complete tits, there was a post on Facebook recently by uk drummer Steve White (who incidentally is completely revered here in the UK for some reason)... concerning an exercise he was going to present at a well established, and one would assume, high level music school here...basically playing a paradiddle at the speed of the 16th triplet. I questioned whether students of that level should perhaps be given something a little more challenging. Incredibly it was met with an unbelievably over-emotional response where he asked me whether I had sold 18 million records, as he had and therefore 'knows what he's talking about'! I thought it was incredible that someone would try to suggest that commercial success in any way is synonymous with academic relevance, why not therefore have Meg White write the new Berkley syllabus. It seems sad to me that, in the UK at least, the music education system is full of people like this who although being 'ok' at what they do, they are by no stretch of the imagination innovators or thorough students of the art, or worse still have no intention of being.

The arts are well on the way to being mostly about Net Cred.
langmick

Postby langmick » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 am

He might have paid for that honor!
Cheggs

Postby Cheggs » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Return to “Drumming Chat”