Steve Michaud vids and info

Steve Michaud

Re: Steve Michaud vids and info

Postby Steve Michaud » Fri May 15, 2015 5:33 am

Hi Kurtis,

Thanks so much for the kind words! As for projects: I've been playing a lot with Steve Hunt lately, who just got back from recording an album with Virgil Donati. Here's a clip from a recent gig with Steve Hunt and Ervin Dhimo on bass (playing a Weather Report tune):

We did a gig last week. Jonathan Mover was at it and asked me to be interviewed in June for Drumhead Magazine. As for recording: yes, there definitely will be some upcoming stuff (most likely with the trio in this clip). Steve Hunt has also been encouraging me to put out my own solo cd, so I've been thinking about that. Thanks for asking about the update!

Steve
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Sun May 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Steve Michaud wrote:Hi Kurtis,

Thanks so much for the kind words! As for projects: I've been playing a lot with Steve Hunt lately, who just got back from recording an album with Virgil Donati. Here's a clip from a recent gig with Steve Hunt and Ervin Dhimo on bass (playing a Weather Report tune):

We did a gig last week. Jonathan Mover was at it and asked me to be interviewed in June for Drumhead Magazine. As for recording: yes, there definitely will be some upcoming stuff (most likely with the trio in this clip). Steve Hunt has also been encouraging me to put out my own solo cd, so I've been thinking about that. Thanks for asking about the update!

Steve

OH MY mr. Michaud!! I really dug your playing in that clip... no really..
Steve Michaud

Postby Steve Michaud » Mon May 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Beat Hit!

I would also mention that the poly-meter for the last clip I posted (the 2-minute solo below) is 6-5-5-7-9-7-6-4-5-3-7, but amounting to 4 bars of 16th notes in 4/4; i.e., this is the "melody" that the drum machine is playing. If there is some interest, I'll post some more stuff; if not, that is totally understandable as well, as I realize there is already an overabundance of drum vid's on the net. This being the case, it gets harder to find an audience for one's artistic expression (just stating the obvious here)--something I'm sure we have all experienced to some degree. But since I'm back doing music fulltime, I'm trying to get the internet thing happening. This has been awkward for me, as I have always felt uncomfortable "promoting" myself, but it seems like such a necessary part of the business that I'm trying to do it (e.g., website, FaceBook, internet posting and sharing, etc...) BTW--If any of you are on FaceBook, it would be great to get connected, Also, please excuse the "ad" at the end of this clip, as I'm truly "drumming for supper." :0)

Thanks for the support. Steve

[/quote]
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Tue May 19, 2015 8:31 am

Worth noting...
http://www.drumlessonsnewhampshire.com/blown-fuse/

http://www.drumlessonsnewhampshire.com/kinesis/

http://www.drumlessonsnewhampshire.com/inner-duality/
check out Sons of Thunder

Steve's drumming is as good as anyone of the "name cats" we all dig!
Has to be the secret treasure that lurks underground...
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Tue May 19, 2015 11:43 am

Pocketplayer wrote:Steve's drumming is as good as anyone of the "name cats" we all dig!
Has to be the secret treasure that lurks underground...

Well said.. I couldn't agree more!! Steve is a "secret treasure"... What he pulls-off within the tracks linked above is absolutely scary... He deserves much much accolades and support. He's got the world-class goods... If I May Say So Myself......
Steve Michaud

Postby Steve Michaud » Thu May 21, 2015 6:16 am

Thanks so much for the kind words, Pocketplayer and Beat Hit--I really appreciate the support! :)
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 am

I was just checking out the samples on your transcriptions page of your website Steve. All I can say is YIKES! Really incredible man. Nice playing, nice sound, nice orchestration of your parts, nice everything!!!
Steve Michaud

Postby Steve Michaud » Fri May 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Paul, thanks so much for the kind words! Are you still doing that hip fusion gig, Trio of Stridence? That was some beautiful material--loved it.
Steve Michaud

Postby Steve Michaud » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi Guys!

Here is a brief demonstration (18 seconds long) of 32nd note partial subdivision phrasing. I hope you enjoy it!

Steve

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Holy mother of notes Batman! That was killer. Nice strong doubles on the toms. It's like listening to a raging river that just accumulated a ton of rain via thunderstorm. So violent. Keep them vids flowing. Any news of recent records you have been on!

Return to “Drumming Chat”