My 10th year on HOD

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Re: My 10th year on HOD

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks for the support all. Currently there's 263 members, but we lost a lot with the recent switch.

10 years is a long time for the internet. I really am glad that HoD can be a part of one's internet experience for so long. I suppose more importantly is achieving the specific kind of thing that this site can: inform one on new music and new drummers, or new info on existing favorites. I'd like to think HoD does that well.

Anyways I'm happy with how HoD has managed (for the most part) to hold it's integrity in terms of the overall vibe/maturity. It's the forte of the site and allows for a specific kind of communication. In the meantime I would like to see it grow. Currently I'm running ads on facebook with a small budget that allows to pay for about 10 clicks a day with a lot more ad impressions. Exposure and all that.

it's a big internet. Happy to be a part of it. :)

PS Vinnie still amazes me as much today as 10 years ago. He really is one of a kind.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Vinnie is so last decade. We're all about Dave DiCenso now, remember?

:mrgreen:

Here's to HoD. Please keep feeding my obsessions.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Patrick Tiglao

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 pm

I was on these forums back in the day too.
There is nothing left to say.
funkydrummer

Postby funkydrummer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:06 am

I remember the brown forums too! I, too, found this place while looking for Weckl videos. It was also here that I was really turned onto Vinnie, a wonderful thing indeed. It hasn't been quite 10 years for me, but rather 8 or so I believe. It took me awhile to start posting at first, but I quickly grew to love this crazy bunch of fine folks. HOD is such a great place, with a lot of tremendous players on board.
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:16 am

OK, I'm the newbie in the crowd. I don't think I found this site until 2005 or 2006. It's still the best source of information on drumming and music that I know. Thanks, Steve.
Manu

Postby Manu » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 am

11/27/2001 10:55:01 AM - posted by Steve Holmes
Great Weckl Pics on the HOD BB
Someone posting under the name Manuwash decided to post some pretty amazing pictures of Weckl he took from a clinic on the forums here. Those digital cameras take some great pictures in the right hands. Thanks for sharing Manuwash!

Here's the evidence of the crime :)
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 am

I'm very new. I did hang on the old site for a while without being able to sign up, though.

To me Vinnie is better today than he ever was. As a guitar player first and foremost he played on a bunch on my favourite records in the 80's, but at some point in the late 90's something happened both with his groove and tone that made me appreciate his playing a lot more. Goes for most of my favourite musicians. They're still growing.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 pm

james wrote:same here!

miss these days...
http://bit.ly/edLZy4

Nice. Great stuff in that link. The entries of Steve's sure are thought provoking.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Happy Anniversary Tombo...

I think it may be my 11th year or so... Things have changed somewhat ... I am now much more high-level in my posts than I used to...

Anyone remember HOD member "BEATS"?

Through HOD I came to know Tombo who's from the same hometown... We had the chance to do the drummer-hang once...

Yes, Tombo is a very accomplished drummer who always has positive posts here on HOD...
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 pm

beat hit wrote:Happy Anniversary Tombo...

I think it may be my 11th year or so... Things have changed somewhat ... I am now much more high-level in my posts than I used to...

Anyone remember HOD member "BEATS"?

Through HOD I came to know Tombo who's from the same hometown... We had the chance to do the drummer-hang once...

Yes, Tombo is a very accomplished drummer who always has positive posts here on HOD...

Now that I've had a look at that old forum, I'm pretty sure I've been around since '99.

I remember 'Beats'. He was from British Columbia I think and posted a lot about Nu Soul artists and drum n bass guys quite a bit.

Return to “Drumming Chat”