Highlights from a recent clinic

Dave Goodman

Re: Highlights from a recent clinic

Postby Dave Goodman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:56 am

percusski wrote:Good job on that, really nice playing and great sounding cymbals! The track had a Steve Reich vibe!

Thanks percusski, I appreciate that you heard the Reich thing man - it was totally unintentional and just came out like that. It was all for piano initially, but after I heard Pat Metheny with his Unity Band and Orchestrion live at Sydney Opera House last year, I felt inspired to try my hand at orchestrating it for guitar, marimba & glockenspiel as well as piano, double bass & drumset. I really like how it came out. Those cymbals changed my life forever too, and I'm madly in love with them :)
Dave Goodman

Re: Highlights from a recent clinic

Postby Dave Goodman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi folks,

Haven't chimed in here for a while, but I always like to drop in and see what's up.

Thought I'd alert you quickly to the fact that I've edited and re-uploaded the video that's at the beginning of this thread from a couple of years ago. I thought it needed tightening up, as well as a remix and remaster of the audio, and so here it is! It seemed to get a pretty good reception here when I first put it up a couple of years ago, so here it is again in case there's still something to get from it.

Here's the URL: https://youtu.be/1ks7QPeJuy4

If you happen to be in Sydney this Sunday 8th October, I'm doing a clinic at 1:15 PM for Sonor at the Vintage and Custom Drum Expo with my trio. Jackie Barnes is playing before us, and master drummer David Jones will do a one-hour set of solo drumming after us. David is one of my all-time heroes, and if you haven't heard of him before, I strongly suggest checking him out - I haven't seen David play in about 12 years. He's an Australian drumming legend!

Return to “Drumming Chat”