Anika Nilles

Merrill Conn

Re: Anika Nilles

Postby Merrill Conn » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:54 am

Old Pit Guy wrote:As far as not getting the vaccine, whatever. Get it or not. But to wear not being vaccinated as a badge of honor when 67% of people in the world (5+Billion) have taken it in a pandemic that has killed an estimated 6 Million people (and very likely higher) isn't a particularly good look from my side of the road. But still, it's your choice. Having said that, it should be a simple suck it up proposition if you can't legally travel because of a decision not to join "the idiots" who did get vaccinated in a freaking pandemic.

edit: incorrect figure for # of vaccinated.

You are my new hero!!!

My wife and I got both shots AND both boosters (sometimes it pays to be an old coot)...no side effects whatsoever (except for arm soreness which I get whenever I get any kind of shot).

Also...quite a number of years ago my wife got shingles. She was in absolute agony. So, Paul, I know 2nd-hand what you went through. I trust you're over it?

OK...let's get this thread back on track even though I got very little to add. Perhaps JB is just looking to have a number of females in the band? If so...good for him if it's done for the right reason...that is, to show that excellent players aren't just males.
When in doubt...roll.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:08 am

Short term isues are in large part due to hitting blood vessels as aspirating isn't part of the protocol in most places anymore. Pretty nuts when you know the consequences and avoiding that risk takes only a few seconds.

As for getting on a igh horse and not accepting other people's hoices, those who are vaccinated win that battle by miles, which is why I've largely kept quiet about my choice. I've seen enough insanity for many lifetimes already.

Just sucking it up, well, this is unlawful comtrol which is a slippery slope and has really just exposed the majority of people as mindless sheep, which is our main issue on this planet on so many levels regardless of topic.

What is nuts is people who are vaccinated completely ignoring all other health advice like the jab is some magic pill and nothing else matters.

At least our Norwegian leaders have preservbed a bit of snaity, but it isn't saying much these days.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Merrill Conn wrote:
Also...quite a number of years ago my wife got shingles. She was in absolute agony. So, Paul, I know 2nd-hand what you went through. I trust you're over it?

I'm still not even shure that what I had/have is really shingles. It's the only thing that it could be though, and I would say I'm 96% over it. Another way to look at it is that perhaps the vaccine prevented it from becoming full blown shingles... as my version had no visible symptoms, only severe sensitivity to touch.

As for side effects from the vaccine, there are PLENTY. My wife and I both experienced them first hand, and we both have coworkers who also experienced bad side effects. Giving multiple doses of the MRNA vaccine so closely spread apart was a mistake (in my view), unless the patients were immuno-compromised or over the age of 60. We both got the Moderna vaccines and booster, and those are already a larger dose than Pfizer. Why my wife would get the same dose as me is bizarre since I am twice her size.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... id-vaccine
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8880359/
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:45 pm

Old Pit Guy wrote:to wear not being vaccinated as a badge of honor when 67% of people in the world (5+Billion) have taken it in a pandemic that has killed an estimated 6 Million people (and very likely higher) isn't a particularly good look from my side of the road.

Not sure who you are referring to. There are plenty of people who are conspiracy theorists, that is true. But there also plenty of people who don't blindly trust physicians or pharmaceutical companies, especially in a country where healthcare is a for-profit endeavor.
Sure, if a vaccine affects a small percentage of people negatively, it may seem like no big deal. But even a small percentage of a very large number is a lot of people.

If the world had just shut down all airports and air travel and borders for 6 weeks back in February and March of 2020, this would have been stopped in its tracks.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:38 pm

It has become quite ugly.

When you want to make it mandatory, vaccinate young children who clearly don't need it, take away people's jobs and there's clear evidence of politicians and the pharmaceutical companies being in bed with each pother.

Then you have the China and India thing.

You also have suppression of early treatment that clearly works in western countries that are supposed to have free choice in regards top healthcare. It's not really a strech as it actually relates to the treatment you'll get in the hospital, but it's really important to use the right meds at the rage stages.

The virtue signaling and hate towards so called anti-vaxers..grandma killers is what we're called.....if you want to know what narcissism looks like.....there 's a good start.

It's surely been tough for people making their living by performing in front of other people, especially young peoplew with no savings or food stores etc.., but there is a bigger picture we shouldn't be blind to.

People make fun of preppers, but having grown up when having at least a year's worth of food in the freezer and the pantry was normal I see nothing stupid about that. I still do it. I have three freezers full of meat.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:05 am

See where Anika's drumming makes us go... :D :D :D :D

Joking fellas, joking !!! :)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:05 am

I don't know how much clearer I can state it than I already have. Get vaxxed or not. I don't care. My objection was wearing the choice to not vax as a badge of honor because some drum hero chose not to and can't tour. I don't think that's a particularly good look. One more time, vax or not. I don't care. The narcissism, virtue signaling and grandma killer nonsense I'm not going to dignify with a response.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:35 am

I don't want to jump in this non sens shit, but from where you get that people are not vaxxed for doing like Vinnie ?
Get your shit together, get vaxxed or not, to each his own, but I did not see any HoD's brother saying or implying that they are not vaxxed for doing like Vinnie, chill man... ;)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:50 am

Rodge wrote:I don't want to jump in this non sens shit, but from where you get that people are not vaxxed for doing like Vinnie ?
Get your shit together, get vaxxed or not, to each his own, but I did not see any HoD's brother saying or implying that they are not vaxxed for doing like Vinnie, chill man... ;)

Are you reading the same thread I am? Please quote where I wrote that "people are not getting vaxxed for doing like Vinnie" I don't even know what that sentence means. Do you mean I think people aren't getting a vaccination because he didn't get one? Dude, that's nowhere in this thread and why would I think that? And why are telling me to chill in the same breath as telling me to "get my shit together" What is YOUR issue, Roger?
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:55 am

Old Pit Guy wrote:
Rodge wrote:I don't want to jump in this non sens shit, but from where you get that people are not vaxxed for doing like Vinnie ?

Do you mean I think people aren't getting a vaccination because he didn't get one? Dude, that's nowhere in this thread and why would I think that? I don't care whether he's vaccinated.

Return to “Drumming Chat”