Anika Nilles

bored at work

Re: Anika Nilles

Postby bored at work » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:32 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:Poor Jeff. I guess he's only interested in his cars now. Looks like his manager calls the shots.

Any idea why Vinnie didn't do the gig?
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:34 am

Already travelling was a real drag for us musicians, it could be worse now ?
It could be a reason.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
jem

Postby jem » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:11 pm

(Vaccine requirements?)
bored at work

Postby bored at work » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:02 am

jem wrote:(Vaccine requirements?)

That's what I thought. Which is a shame for us in the rest of the world, we may not see him in person for a while.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:27 am

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a vaccine thing as the crazy and evil unvcaccinated people like me are a lot less rare in the US.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:22 pm

Yes, many European countries are still requiring proof of vaccination, or may require it again. Vinnie has opted out of vaccination. I can't blame him, but he's really paying a price.
I got a weird case of shingles a couple months after my booster. No blisters or rash, but a painful sensitivity that is sometimes called internal shingles. And my wife has developed some sort of auto immune thing that we need to keep an eye on. A friend at work has major kidney damage from his 2nd shot.

I'm still glad I got vaccinated, but I think the doses they're using aren't right, and they're not spacing out the shots far enough.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:09 am

How insanely independent of him. :lol:
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:58 am

I haven't read any substantiated link between shingles and the covid vaccine. I do know shingles isn't uncommon in older people, and if you're not of a conspiratorial mindset then you'll tend to believe statistics claiming 1 in 3 people in the U.S. will experience shingles (pre-covid stat). And that's a high incidence rate. Current 1st world stressors alone seems a better candidate than the vaccine for shingles. But I don't claim to have a definitive answer.

As far as not getting the vaccine, whatever. Get it or not. But to wear not being vaccinated as a badge of honor when 67% of people in the world (5+Billion) have taken it in a pandemic that has killed an estimated 6 Million people (and very likely higher) isn't a particularly good look from my side of the road. But still, it's your choice. Having said that, it should be a simple suck it up proposition if you can't legally travel because of a decision not to join "the idiots" who did get vaccinated in a freaking pandemic.

edit: incorrect figure for # of vaccinated.
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:28 am

Old Pit Guy wrote:As far as not getting the vaccine, whatever. Get it or not. But to wear not being vaccinated as a badge of honor when 67% of people in the world (5+Billion) have taken it in a pandemic that has killed an estimated 6 Million people (and very likely higher) isn't a particularly good look from my side of the road. But still, it's your choice. Having said that, it should be a simple suck it up proposition if you can't legally travel because of a decision not to join "the idiots" who did get vaccinated in a freaking pandemic.

You are my new hero!!!

Also...quite a number of years ago my wife got shingles. She was in absolute agony. So, Paul, I know 2nd-hand what you went through. I trust you're over it?
When in doubt...roll.
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:33 am

Merrill Conn wrote:
Old Pit Guy wrote:As far as not getting the vaccine, whatever. Get it or not. But to wear not being vaccinated as a badge of honor when 67% of people in the world (5+Billion) have taken it in a pandemic that has killed an estimated 6 Million people (and very likely higher) isn't a particularly good look from my side of the road. But still, it's your choice. Having said that, it should be a simple suck it up proposition if you can't legally travel because of a decision not to join "the idiots" who did get vaccinated in a freaking pandemic.

You are my new hero!!!

My wife and I got both shots AND both boosters (sometimes it pays to be an old coot)...no side effects whatsoever (except for arm soreness which I get whenever I get any kind of shot).

Also...quite a number of years ago my wife got shingles. She was in absolute agony. So, Paul, I know 2nd-hand what you went through. I trust you're over it?

OK...let's get this thread back on track even though I got very little to add. Perhaps JB is just looking to have an all-female band? If so...good for him if it's done for the right reason...that is, to show that excellent players aren't just males.
When in doubt...roll.

Return to “Drumming Chat”