Guy won't take down Holdsworth/Donati video from YT

User avatar
Morgenthaler
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Guy won't take down Holdsworth/Donati video from YT

Postby Morgenthaler » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:55 pm

So, we've tried to have this guy take down some really shitty sounding and looking videos of Allan Holdsworth,
but he's not willing to go down without a fight. The videos are illegally filmed and posted, obviously, but neither Allan nor Virgil
have the time or money to spend any legal fees on it.

I would love and appreciate it if a few of you would take the time to let him know he's a douche for posting this.
The link is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNrE419kVPY (not embedding on purpose)
Attachments
Go_Away.png
Go_Away.png (34.89 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
User avatar
electrizer
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 am
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby electrizer » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:04 am

What about reporting it to YT directly? Was there any reaction from them? As far as I know, if the copyright holder demands that, they can be taken off??
User avatar
Morgenthaler
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:20 am

electrizer wrote:What about reporting it to YT directly? Was there any reaction from them? As far as I know, if the copyright holder demands that, they can be taken off??


Done and done, but the guy made a counter claim, granting us to take legal steps if we want to maintain the claim, which is not within the budget, timewise nor money wise.
Jim Richman
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby Jim Richman » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:14 am

This particular video sounds pretty good to me. I think the reason why he rufuses to do what you say is due to how you approached him regarding this. A nice private message explaining the situation usually works if your message is directly from the official Allan Holdsworth or VD channel.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Morgenthaler
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:05 am

Jim Richman wrote:This particular video sounds pretty good to me.


Not compared to what Virgil has been sharing from those tours.
Plus, he was told before the show and after the show, as they 'caught' him recording.

But yeah, when I have time, I ask politely before initiating the content varification program on YouTube.
Rene
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby Rene » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:19 am

It's a matter princeple, not? Video is online for two years with 1100 views, 7 likes and 2 dislikes. Ignore this child, imho
User avatar
Odd-Arne Oseberg
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 am
Location: Sykkylven, Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:57 am

Sounds good to me, but I'm sure a direct letter or call from Virgil or Allan would change his mind quite rapidly if it's really important.
Unbeknownst to many, odd time is just short for Odd-Arne time.
User avatar
electrizer
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 am
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby electrizer » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:03 am

Rene wrote:It's a matter princeple, not? Video is online for two years with 1100 views, 7 likes and 2 dislikes. Ignore this child, imho


Wanted to say the same thing but didn't want to step on any toes. Besides, I'd consider it exposure as there's only a handful of people who care about whether the video is in 720p, 1080, or 4K. The rest just enjoys watching it, leaving a comment of the type "OMG, Virgil is my GOD!!!" or "Which planet is he from??"...

I understand the legal POV, as well as Virgil's care to publish only hq stuff but in this day and age... It's a touchy subject. It's not like Virgil would have posted an officially published video from that gig and monetise on it, would he?

As has been said on this forum elsewhere, the copyright legislation only makes it easy for the big dogs.
User avatar
Morgenthaler
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:05 am

Rene wrote:It's a matter princeple, not? Video is online for two years with 1100 views, 7 likes and 2 dislikes. Ignore this child, imho


I would. It's not always my call though. But I support wholeheartedly the desire to choose which of your performances go online.
Virgil is sharing backstage gems, rehearsal footage and tons of live concerts in high quality. I think he's got the moral highground on every effing aspect of this.

This guy is recording against concert announcements, against the fact that Virg is actually posting high quality concert
videos regularly - AND the fact that he's sharing this illegally.
User avatar
electrizer
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 am
Contact:

Re: Douchebaggery

Postby electrizer » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:16 am

Morgenthaler wrote:
Rene wrote:It's a matter princeple, not? Video is online for two years with 1100 views, 7 likes and 2 dislikes. Ignore this child, imho


I would. It's not always my call though. But I support wholeheartedly the desire to choose which of your performances go online.
Virgil is sharing backstage gems, rehearsal footage and tons of live concerts in high quality. I think he's got the moral highground on every effing aspect of this.

This guy is recording against concert announcements, against the fact that Virg is actually posting high quality concert
videos regularly - AND the fact that he's sharing this illegally.


How about stopping the gig after one song and resorting to vox populi? :) I'm sure the audience would coerce the bad apples to put the cameras down?

Return to “Drumming Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests