Ed Uribe

beat hit

Ed Uribe

Postby beat hit » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Very very sad news received via Victor Mendoza'a Facebook page yesterday... Me and Ed became friends through the years... What shocked me is that Ed had just sent me a note this Tuesday... And now this.. Totally shocking and sad... Most sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. What amazing player, educator and a gentlemen. Will be missed...............

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that I share with many of you who knew Ed Uribe of his passing; teachers, students, musicians.

Ed was like a brother to me. He was a great all-around musician, simply one of the best. Educator, composer, arranger, technology wiz, editor for Warner brothers and others, and one of the best roommates you could ever wish for, considerate, supportive and kind.

He was also responsible for recommending me to teach at Berklee and he was one of the most fun and brilliant people I have ever known. Most of all he was a good man, a tireless worker and a great and dear friend.

May he rest in peace. I will miss him dearly.

-Victor"

And again from Victor: "People should know that Ed was responsible for establishing the Hand Percussion curriculum at Berklee and many thanks to him the Latin Music program got started and helped catapult the Mediterranean music program."

treeinrock

Re: Ed Uribe

Postby treeinrock » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:58 pm

RIP Ed. You were an incredible teacher and spirit in this world. Thanks for your intense dedication to drumming and the million other things you have done in your life. Your spirit lives through your work. Thank YOU !
Matus

Postby Matus » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Devastating news. His work as an educator has done a lot for me and a lot of my peers. My teacher used to tell great stories of his time with him at Berklee as a great musician and enormous human being. He'll be missed.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Here's a tribute recently uploaded... Really nice solo... From Marc Rossi Group's "We Must Continue"...

beat hit

Postby beat hit » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Here's another one... 1986 in Boston. With Aydin Esen on keys, Kai Eckhardt​ on Bass, Donny McCaslin​ on Sax

Drum solo at 7:30
https://soundcloud.com/nicksaya/aydin-esen-track-ed-uribe-on-drums
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:24 pm

Ed's great on this gig... The whole band actually.

Tiger, Aydin Esen, Bruce Bartlett, Kai Eckhardt...

Return to “Drumming Chat”