New RC.

drumnhands

Re: New RC.

Postby drumnhands » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:16 am

Julián Fernández wrote:
drumnhands wrote:
Old Pit Guy wrote:You watch and read all this and you have to wonder just how much R&D was actually required to reintroduce this line. Those three years of meetings were for what again?

Determining the shell thickness, bearing edge, weighted vs. non weighted lugs, which version of YESS, inner or outer bead on the snare drums, shell composition, depth......it was all done one step at a time. And it's no like Steve was just sitting at home waiting for the next batch of prototypes to show up. We had to get him when we could. This meant sometimes shipping protos to NY, PHX, some times he could come to Burbank.

On a side note, are you discontinuing the PHX line?

Absolutely not. PHX is still in production in Hamamatsu.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Jim (drumnhands) was gracious enough to let me check out and compare a bunch of drums a couple weeks ago. I was impressed, so I have ordered a set of the new Recording Custom drums. Pretty exciting! I had a large set of Recording Customs back in the 80s and 90s and did a lot of recording/performing with them. They were nice, but the bass drums never really had any fatness. Well, this new version has remedied that in a big way, and the toms have some added beef/low-mid stuff going on too.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Post some pics/clips when you can, Paul...

btw, here´s an old RC for dirt cheap (not mine): http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-JAPAN-SE ... SwdGFY0wEP
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 am

Return to “Drumming Chat”