kerope

mcraeh

kerope

Postby mcraeh » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:55 pm

anyone tried the Kerope rides yet? looking at the 20 inch med. and maybe the 19 for no other reason because its 19 inch, currently have 20 k custom from way long ago and has served me fine but would be great to send that one to rehearsal spot! play progressive rock but have always used k's! thx!
bensdrums

Re: kerope

Postby bensdrums » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:05 pm

I have 22" and 20" rides, and the 14" hats. I'd have to say they sound as advertised; "the most authentic vintage K recreation to date." I'm not saying they'll end someone's search for the holy grail vintage K or Con ride, but if you're looking for something consistently made and with a reasonably true vintage K sound, they are it. I was using them strictly for jazz but they started sounding so good to me that I started using them on almost all my gigs. I believe the Kerope line was developed with Zach Danziger, but I could be mistaken.
Cheggs

Postby Cheggs » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:51 pm

bensdrums wrote:I believe the Kerope line was developed with Zach Danziger, but I could be mistaken.

You are not mistaken sir. Zach talked about the process, etc. on his second appearance on "I'd Hit That".
mcraeh

Postby mcraeh » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:27 am

thx for the feedback. anyone know if the 20 medium heavier is better? playing all progressive rock right now, still want something with great stick def. and nice bell. was thinking maybe i should look at an a custom ping?
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:46 pm

GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 am

mcraeh wrote:thx for the feedback. anyone know if the 20 medium heavier is better? playing all progressive rock right now, still want something with great stick def. and nice bell. was thinking maybe i should look at an a custom ping?

For prog rock this may not be the kind of cymbal you're looking for. Unless you want the washy sound. Otherwise the kerope cymbals might feel too much like crash cymbals to you. Depends on how hard you're hitting I guess...
mcraeh

Postby mcraeh » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Julián Fernández wrote:

thx for the video, great playing!! they do have a great sound for sure!
mcraeh

Postby mcraeh » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 pm

GoAndPractice wrote:
mcraeh wrote:thx for the feedback. anyone know if the 20 medium heavier is better? playing all progressive rock right now, still want something with great stick def. and nice bell. was thinking maybe i should look at an a custom ping?

For prog rock this may not be the kind of cymbal you're looking for. Unless you want the washy sound. Otherwise the kerope cymbals might feel too much like crash cymbals to you. Depends on how hard you're hitting I guess...

thx, well just picked up an A custom med ride used... think this will work out for gig and rehearsal. maybe save the kerope for home playing etc..thx guys!

Return to “Drumming Chat”