Paiste reintroduce 602 ( NAMM HOD'ers Trying those out?)

DSOP

Re: Paiste reintroduce 602 ( NAMM HOD'ers Trying those out?)

Postby DSOP » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 pm

YamahaPlayer wrote:Oh come on, those prices are just absurd.

Where do you see prices? I saw some prices at MemphisDrumShop.com (http://memphisdrumshop.com/) that are high, but not much more than other comparable stuff (I think).
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 pm

$370 bucks for an 18" crash is about 35% higher then A Customs, 20% higher then K Customs.

IMO, if a person was going to drop that kind of cash on cymbals, there's better stuff out there.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:17 pm

YamahaPlayer wrote:$370 bucks for an 18" crash is about 35% higher then A Customs, 20% higher then K Customs.

Yeah, that is a lot of money. But then again, Paiste has always been more expensive than everyone else. That's why I've never owned them I guess.
Matus

Postby Matus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:18 am

And then again, they're in Switzerland, so I guess it's a matter of import taxes. I really never stopped to compare Zildjian prices between the US and Europe but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around that increase rate.
And if those 602 are that expensive, don't even look at the Dark Energy series... Really, don't.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 am

At least on Memphis, the Dark Energy are only about $20-30 more then the new 602's.

Though that's one of those lines IMO that's worth it, like when I said there's better stuff out there. UFiP, Bosphorus, etc
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 am

Or you could buy this ride for $2,495.00:

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com/inde ... cts_id=758

Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 am

Ridiculous price, but wow, that cymbal sounds AWESOME !!!
Just perfect.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Klemme

Postby Klemme » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:49 am

I'm a 100% Paiste guy.

Having a full set-up of Traditionals. They are very expensive yes! But the best damn cymbals you can get our there... The thing I love about Paiste is their Customer Support.

Some years ago I had some cracks in my old Trad 17 and 18" crashes. They were long overdue their 2 years customer support guarantee. But I send them in to and talked with our Danish Paiste guy. They send me 2 brand new crashes and thanked me for only playing Paiste :)

They are expensive in the EU too. Little more expensive than Zildjian and Sabian. But I never think you should compromise when talking about Cymbals. But if you like Zildjian and they're your sound, Go get em'! :) Everyone has their Taste, and should respectfully have their own right and oppinion to do so :)
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:07 am

Totally, though I think brand loyalty is silly to the point of - just close your eyes and trust your ears. Few people in the world can blind call a cymbal's make, size and manufacturer.

I play cymbals from at least 5 different makers, though most would assume I play only Zildjian. The rest have the logo's buffed off.

Just like most guys are endorsed by a given brand of drums, but if you look close enough, particularly with snares, they use whatever they want.

Return to “Drumming Chat”