David Garibaldi Hit By Train

matthughen

David Garibaldi Hit By Train

Postby matthughen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Good vides go out to Mr. Garibaldi and Mr. Van Wageningen!

http://abc7news.com/news/2-tower-of-pow ... d/1700322/

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Fill-in bassist Marc Van Wageningen and drummer Dave Garibaldi of the legendary East Bay soul band Tower of Power were hit by a Capitol Corridor train in Oakland shortly before they were scheduled to play a concert.

Amtrack says the train struck two trespassers shortly before 8 p.m. Tracks in the area were temporarily shut down as police investigated.

The two patients were taken to local hospitals and officials are not saying how bad the injuries are. Streets were blocked off for the investigation, but trains are up and running again...
amoergosum

Re: David Garibaldi Hit By Train

Postby amoergosum » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm

...very sad news.

langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:28 am

From Tommy Igoe on fb.

**** They're going to be OK*****
You may have heard the tragic news about my Brother David Garibaldi and the great bassist Marc VW, hit by a train last night before their show.
Just off phone with members of band backstage. David is in relatively fair condition, considering. Marc VW got hurt worse but was responsive, in surgery, prognosis good.
Now obviously this is all happening in real time so changes can happen. But Squash all BS rumors if any start. Both are responsive and it looks like they're very lucky, indeed.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:48 am

Thanks for that update Langmick
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:14 am

Update:

"David has a facial fracture and has already been discharged. Marc broke 4 ribs which caused internal bleeding and he's still in the hospital, but expected to full recover. Wishing both a speedy recovery."
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 am

Bump City.

Too soon?
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:45 pm

From Rob Wallis FB page:

"I just spoke to David and he is doing as well as can be expected. He said it all happened so fast that he can barely understand it. The good thing is he will recover. He has a few broken bones and is waiting to hear from doctors what the next steps are. He asked me to tell everyone he'll be fine and appreciates everyone's concerns. He said Mark the bass player is in worse shape than he is, but will be OK as far as he knows. Please keep them in your prayers. It was great to hear his voice....."
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm wondering how this shit happened, I mean, they are from there, we all know that it's Yoshi's special thing, the train is just there... :-(

I wish them all the best, incredible. :-(
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 pm

News from Emilio, concerning his TOP band mates:

"Just got back from the hospital and it looks like DG is gonna be fine. His face and head are swollen and mangled horribly. He look about 5Xs worse than Jake Lamotta in "Raging Bull" when he was losing the fight. He was very drugged up but lucid.
VW is in an induced coma till he stabilizes and at that time they will do further testing to see if there's brain damage. They got the bleeding stopped by removing his spleen and he has a few broken ribs and a concussion but they're cautiously optimistic.
Neither of them will return to the stage for quite some time I'm sure.
It's a total Blessing they're not dead.
Pray for them both but especially Marc.
We appreciate the responses and prayers from our former bandmates, friends, and fans and we all remain hopeful and in prayer."

Emilio Castillo - Bandleader for Tower of Power

Return to “Drumming Chat”