Dead & Co

sjj123

Dead & Co

Postby sjj123 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:25 am

This thread may die but damn I'm so hooked on D & Co. Paying attention to Bill and Mickey is pretty interesting. All the members create a unique interesting thing but individually there are both great and funny moments. From a drum point it is sometimes hard to tell wtf they're doing. Bill has this funny left hand motion I find interesting. I have to laugh at them speeding up into choruses at times and hitting certain instruments that dont seem to fit. At the end of the day I really dig Mayers playing and frankly cant stop listening to it. Theyre are tunes in 5, 7 and 11....cool stuff. Saw them at SPAC the other night.
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
langmick

Re: Dead & Co

Postby langmick » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Well, I just saw them Wednesday at Blossom, hard to describe how that experience was…what a cool venue. I drove down that day from Michigan, hung with Eroc out of Cleveland, from Wish You Were Here. And drove back that night.

I am still on a high (not from the weed)

That was one of the best feeling shows I’ve ever seen. Set 2 pulled me in and picked me up and held me aloft. I am still buzzing…

Can't remember when I was at such a nice scene, where so many had smiles, were losing their mind to the music and sharing that they were…screaming about how the music had them feeling…chill people hugging, or a look in the eye that was kind and completely non-aggressive…

I needed that infusion of positivity…and so good that it was from 30,000 people all feeling that way. That’s the Dead audience and ambiance.

Left early, after Space…I had a bad feeling that getting out of those small entrances was going to take forever.

I should have stayed and hung all night. It was a little Apocalypse Now out on shakedown by then but would have been an experience.

The band with Mayer….there are so many Deadheads not getting it or just complaining cuz the can…but I got it. John is incredible. Some of the jam crescendos…he had the entire audience on the tips of his fingers…many times. It was remarkable. Second set was so mind-blowing. There were some young kids in front of me, and they were on every note and we all were feeling it. It was intense and powerful.

There is something going on in that music that is unlike anything else. Billy is such an under-rated drummer, he didn’t play a backbeat all night. No one did. It was just thunmping grooves with dynamics. Billy put some spice in, subtly.

And the tempos…steady for hours.

Go see them.
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Agreed!
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
treeinrock

Postby treeinrock » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Whoa.... That is Weir.....d.
:roll:
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:23 pm

treeinrock wrote:Whoa.... That is Weir.....d.
:roll:

You haven't heard weird.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:57 am

That makes as much sense to me as a flat ride cymbal
langmick

Postby langmick » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:55 am

Far out man.
langmick