HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

User avatar
bored at work
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 am

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby bored at work » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 am

kaide wrote:Here's a new Bruno Mars / Anderson Paak cover that I recorded yesterday. Great to have real drums on current pop/r&b song.



This is great! Are you playing to a drum less track?
kaide
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby kaide » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:22 am

bored at work wrote:
kaide wrote:Here's a new Bruno Mars / Anderson Paak cover that I recorded yesterday. Great to have real drums on current pop/r&b song.



This is great! Are you playing to a drum less track?


Thanks man!!
It's not a completely drumless track but I lowered the drums about -8 db's and also tambourine got lost...There are a few programs that you can use for making drumless mixes. I have tried Xtrax Stems and Izotope RX (Audio Rebalance function). There is also the Moises app which I haven't tried yet but works great. Anderson Paak's drums are still there, I'm playing the same stuff but adding some of my own things on top of the original version.
User avatar
bored at work
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 am

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby bored at work » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:18 am

kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:
kaide wrote:Here's a new Bruno Mars / Anderson Paak cover that I recorded yesterday. Great to have real drums on current pop/r&b song.



This is great! Are you playing to a drum less track?


Thanks man!!
It's not a completely drumless track but I lowered the drums about -8 db's and also tambourine got lost...There are a few programs that you can use for making drumless mixes. I have tried Xtrax Stems and Izotope RX (Audio Rebalance function). There is also the Moises app which I haven't tried yet but works great. Anderson Paak's drums are still there, I'm playing the same stuff but adding some of my own things on top of the original version.

Thanks for your reply. I've been using Moises and it does work, but the audio quality is pretty bad after you remove the drums. There is a guy who is removing drums from tracks on YT and its almost like the original quality.
kaide
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby kaide » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:57 am

bored at work wrote:Thanks for your reply. I've been using Moises and it does work, but the audio quality is pretty bad after you remove the drums. There is a guy who is removing drums from tracks on YT and its almost like the original quality.


The audio quality will decrease a lot if you try to remove the drums completely. I have found out that if I lower the drum level from 8-10 db's, then the rest of the music won't suffer too much and you can play a little differently without the original drums. Who's the YT guy you are referring to?
User avatar
Odd-Arne Oseberg
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 am
Location: The physical plane.
Contact:

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:41 am

kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:Thanks for your reply. I've been using Moises and it does work, but the audio quality is pretty bad after you remove the drums. There is a guy who is removing drums from tracks on YT and its almost like the original quality.


The audio quality will decrease a lot if you try to remove the drums completely. I have found out that if I lower the drum level from 8-10 db's, then the rest of the music won't suffer too much and you can play a little differently without the original drums. Who's the YT guy you are referring to?



So Kai, it's time to find out what the "de" stands for. Drum Exhibitionist?
User avatar
bored at work
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 am

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby bored at work » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:14 am

kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:Thanks for your reply. I've been using Moises and it does work, but the audio quality is pretty bad after you remove the drums. There is a guy who is removing drums from tracks on YT and its almost like the original quality.


The audio quality will decrease a lot if you try to remove the drums completely. I have found out that if I lower the drum level from 8-10 db's, then the rest of the music won't suffer too much and you can play a little differently without the original drums. Who's the YT guy you are referring to?


kaide
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby kaide » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am

bored at work wrote:
kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:Thanks for your reply. I've been using Moises and it does work, but the audio quality is pretty bad after you remove the drums. There is a guy who is removing drums from tracks on YT and its almost like the original quality.


The audio quality will decrease a lot if you try to remove the drums completely. I have found out that if I lower the drum level from 8-10 db's, then the rest of the music won't suffer too much and you can play a little differently without the original drums. Who's the YT guy you are referring to?




This track is actually from The Rock Band 4 game and I have it too...there are a few stems for this song. By the way, there's a place where you can download many multitracks, https://remixpacks.ru/
User avatar
bored at work
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 am

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby bored at work » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 am

kaide wrote:
bored at work wrote:
kaide wrote:Here's a new Bruno Mars / Anderson Paak cover that I recorded yesterday. Great to have real drums on current pop/r&b song.



This is great! Are you playing to a drum less track?


Thanks man!!
It's not a completely drumless track but I lowered the drums about -8 db's and also tambourine got lost...There are a few programs that you can use for making drumless mixes. I have tried Xtrax Stems and Izotope RX (Audio Rebalance function). There is also the Moises app which I haven't tried yet but works great. Anderson Paak's drums are still there, I'm playing the same stuff but adding some of my own things on top of the original version.

Xtrax Stems looks good,i'll check out the free trail. Thanks
User avatar
sturla
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact:

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby sturla » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:16 pm

Did a Nik Kershaw song with the Moises app.
It had some shaker parts that was lost too so I just recorded those too. I did mute the drums from the app though.
User avatar
bored at work
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:55 am

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby bored at work » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:17 am

sturla wrote:Did a Nik Kershaw song with the Moises app.
It had some shaker parts that was lost too so I just recorded those too. I did mute the drums from the app though.

Great job, that's one of my favourite albums. Steve Washington played great on the original! You're not Fucking about, either!

Return to “Drumming Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests