ASK THE PROS - (Simon video preview) My video interviews program (Gavin, Simon, Tom Kennedy, Patitucci...)

Juan Expósito

Re: ASK THE PROS - My video interviews program (Gavin, Simon, John Robinson, Tom Kennedy, Lang...)

Postby Juan Expósito » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:52 am

Double post.
Last edited by Juan Expósito on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Expósito

Re: ASK THE PROS - My video interviews program (Gavin, Simon, John Robinson, Tom Kennedy, Lang...)

Postby Juan Expósito » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 am

Kurtis wrote:why not have the pro ask you questions

Kurtis, because I don´t want them to learn too much :) .

Good ideas folks.
There are some commun questions I´m doing to all the guests and I´m receiving incredible thoughts from these top artists.
(some questions written here in a short way)
- Learning from mistakes. Your most productive mistake.
- Evolution of the touring world, specially in the top jazz circuit, from the eighties to now (economics, festivals organizations, travels...)
- Learning from others. Something said from others who doesn´t play your instrument that made you a better player, that affected directly to your way of playing.
- Page, method, exercise, groove that meant a before and after in your learning experience.
- Practicing.
- Consistency
- Producing/composing on the road.
- Timing, internal clock.

And of course their experiences about playing with some of the best musicians/artists, but not in a biographical way.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:31 am

I'd ask all of them what their favorite books are. Not kidding.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello folks,
I suppose this is a dream come true, talking about music with some of my heroes SIMON PHIILLIPS and BILL EVANS.
This was my first interview ever, done 30 minutes before their show....(So excuse my nervous english)
These musicians are the best in every aspect.
Next week we will post the full interview with these two men.
This is a teaser (me asking and enjoying every second)
(Our channel is https://www.facebook.com/mronlinedrumstv/)

Return to “Drumming Chat”