“Blue Dream” An original jazz comp. from a new trio I’m in. HQ vid and audio.

JerryOnDrums

Re: “Blue Dream” An original jazz comp. from a new trio I’m in. HQ vid and audio.

Postby JerryOnDrums » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Pocketplayer wrote:NICE...love you are venturing into the original compositions of jazz...do not hear this often!
When i see younger players consumed in this genre of old i wonder if you are born with an
older heart? what were you like in middle school? road least traveled from pop...

march on...love of music and the road you decide to travel!

side bar: my old drum teacher in college told me one day, "Joe...I'm done...i cannot play these
pop gigs anymore, i talked to my wife, we just had a new baby and i am playing jazz all the way
wherever that take us..." (that meant managing a small apt building to get free rent in the process
and having his wife work full time...but he was happy!)

Thanks man! To answer your questions: I got into this stuff because my father was a drummer. I was surrounded with amazing music since I was a baby, so it was just inevitable that I would pick it up too, I suppose!

In middle/high school, I was one of your prototypical band kids. But, I was also that band kid that was burning CDs of Chick Corea’s Elektric Band II and UNT’s One O’Clock Lab Band for other kids to hopefully rope them into the stuff I was listening to! Those were the days. 8-)

Return to “Drumming Chat”