WEEKEND CHATTY: SURPRISE NEW GEAR EDITION!!!!!!!

Julián Fernández

Re: WEEKEND CHATTY: SURPRISE NEW GEAR EDITION!!!!!!!

Postby Julián Fernández » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Tom Reschke wrote:Speaking of gear, it just occurred to me that I haven't brought my stick bag to a gig in like a year I think. I just throw my all my stuff into the bottom of my cymbal case. Sticks, brushes, hh clutch, felts, washers, drum key. Stick bags... a useless cash grab, or a necessary piece of equipment? And what's up with Big Fat Snare Drum heads? All you gotta do is take a boxcutter to an old head to cut off the hoop and voila! All that and Andy Rooney tonight on 60 minutes.

I hear you! I´m all about saving space and weight! I keep mine on my cymbal bag. Works like a charm! :mrgreen:
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:50 pm

I think stick bags depend a bit on how many utensils you generally carry. Many bags have pockets for other stuff, so it can work as a general utility bag as well.

I generally recommend that my students get a bag. It's partly a getting a bag when begining in school type thing, but it's also just they actually laern to bring their sticks and then the most important thing to me, I recomend ceetain things they should have in that bag, which is a tool for me to let them know that drumming is more than one pair of sticks and a rock beat. I want them to utilize brushes and mallets etc. in some way as soon as possible to open their minds. It's a preventinve measure, a highly necessary one these days.

My cymbal bag isone of those Fusion bags with a stick bag insert. The insert actually hangs on my wall at home, though. One of two bags. One with whatever's handy for home pad practice and theother is my classical bag with mostly Pustjens models.

There's no way I could fit the stuff I usually bring into one of those, though. I've tried to downsize, but still.

A bit of a health scare, which just has to follow with the stress I've been through. Current boss is a flashback trigger of immense proportions, so after the holidays me and my doctor decided to put me on sick leave until May. Only way I'll find the time and peace to remember and get everything down on paper before evaluations that hopefully will give my lawyer something to work with.

As it is I am practicing every morning. I've also gone fully keto and OMAD. It's only been two weeks, but it's getting dialed in and working pretty well. I fast on Sundays, so that's 6 meals a week. It's a money saver as well. You could be eating lobster and caviar and still save money. :lol:

Hard to say what the smart choice is, but I've got a couple of months to decide.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:48 am

I tuned my jazzkit way down because I LOVED the swampy quality of it tuned down - just for the time being:)

Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Morgenthaler wrote:Image

I tuned my jazzkit way down because I LOVED the swampy quality of it tuned down - just for the time being:)

Yeah, Jeppe! You need to show me your spot next time I'm in Copenhagen. I'll bring the beer.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:45 am

Tom Reschke wrote:Yeah, Jeppe! You need to show me your spot next time I'm in Copenhagen. I'll bring the beer.

You got it, my friend!
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Wow. Mel played great!

Return to “Drumming Chat”