Quarantine Chatty!

Kurtis

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Kurtis » Sun May 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Glad there are good vibes in Philly, Willy. Have gigged in that city many moons ago. I know a few cats in NJ around the Cherry Hill area that will be in need of a drummer once the virus shit storm is under control. Hope you love humidity. I did a gig in Philly and packing up the truck with drums at 2am it was 100 degrees and humid as fuck. AC is your friend in the summer.

Marco has crazy chops.
willyz

Postby willyz » Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Kurtis wrote:Glad there are good vibes in Philly, Willy. Have gigged in that city many moons ago. I know a few cats in NJ around the Cherry Hill area that will be in need of a drummer once the virus shit storm is under control. Hope you love humidity. I did a gig in Philly and packing up the truck with drums at 2am it was 100 degrees and humid as fuck. AC is your friend in the summer.

Thanks man! I’ll send you my latest info- my wifes folks used to live in Cherry Hill so I’m a bit familiar with the area!

Yeah, that part of the weather is rough but I feel like my time in Austin and Michigan prepped me a bit- doesn’t mean I won’t be complaining when the time comes!
Got Blushda?
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue May 04, 2021 2:07 pm

Still on the no drum gear or drum material buying roll, but I just ordered Anika Nilles's Pad Book. Just something to put on the stand next to my pad for a while and give the old stuff a rest. Hopefully, it'll inspire some new approaches when I go to the kit. I just need something new.

This year's first bout of drumming activism just around the corner. Three dates pretty close one after the other, then all summer in my home town before something more extensive in the fall. It's been years now while simultaneously dealing with the unfortunate post-traumatic situation, but regardless of how slow this is progressing there are clear effects and more support than I really expected at this time. I really expected it to take like 10 years before anyone would care at all. Probably just the effects of not giving up which will hopefully steadily continue.

It's just weird to some, but it really has to be done this way. It's to coplicated to explain to people with a simple paragraph. I just have to be visible, relate to the issues people already know, but don't dare to speak up about and then eventually we can have a conversation.

It is all bushcraft/camping gear now, but at least that Farmer Footdrums travel kit will be a reality in not too long. I'll just get a bass drum first and add the toms soon after. Anything more costly will just have to go on the list for when life hopefully turns normal again. The pandemic has certainly made what I can do with my situaion going slower as well.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 pm

I think I want the Prologix 13" Russ Miller Pad, the multi surface looks great specially for working on brushes, kind of pricy though.

https://prologixpercussion.com/products ... actice-pad
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed May 05, 2021 2:00 am

Rodge wrote:I think I want the Prologix 13" Russ Miller Pad, the multi surface looks great specially for working on brushes, kind of pricy though.

https://prologixpercussion.com/products ... actice-pad

All the best pads, except for the really expensive ones seem to sit somewhere in the $60-100 range.

Prologix gets a lot of press, but that can mean anything. They're still just rubber pads.

Because of life being more or less commuting and camping I've had to rely more on pads than most people, so I've designed something that's versatile and conducive to any pack size.

I got enough of regular rubber pads a long time ago. The Xymox laminate pad easily became a favouite once I got used to it. There are manysimilar options now though and you can even get a laminate from Vic that fits on their pads. In addition I have a Remo Brush-Up that's a full 14"(discontinued, but they' can still be found) and also several RTOM Moongel pads on Evans pad stands. The Moongels also are great in another way as any pad that won't fit well in a snare basket will stay pretty securely on top of that. The pad stands work well for both sitting and standing positions.

A combo pad sounds nice in theory, but my optimized package packs almost as small and is a way superior playing experience.
GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Sun May 09, 2021 9:40 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274720472820?h ... Swba1dBD~a
I love drum technology but it kind of looks funny on a 6" tom.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon May 10, 2021 1:36 pm

So, here's a not so fun day.

Been thinking of making an extra backup for a while, but mostly due to my situation never got around to it.

Now by only external hard drive is fried. The amount of stuff lost, I don't even want to think about it.

I've tried the methods I find described on the net to access or repair the drive, but there's no contact. If something can be done by a professional I have to try it, but not really hopeful.
langmick

Postby langmick » Mon May 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:So, here's a not so fun day.

Been thinking of making an extra backup for a while, but mostly due to my situation never got around to it.

Now by only external hard drive is fried. The amount of stuff lost, I don't even want to think about it.

I've tried the methods I find described on the net to access or repair the drive, but there's no contact. If something can be done by a professional I have to try it, but not really hopeful.

If you have a Mac, this is a good utility.

https://www.alsoft.com
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue May 11, 2021 3:14 am

langmick wrote:
Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:So, here's a not so fun day.

If you have a Mac, this is a good utility.

https://www.alsoft.com

Nope PC.

It's just a ten year old WD. Got all my digital teaching stuff on it.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Wed May 12, 2021 1:42 am

I've got a new hero:

Return to “Drumming Chat”