Quarantine Chatty!

Morgenthaler

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:24 am

I spent 4 days with work at the Adriatic Sea last week. It was my first time there. Stunning place <3

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:24 pm

I've been working tons of hours trying to get our game finished - "Modern Warfare II". Finally getting there so I have some time again. I'm looking to upgrade the recording/streaming setup so that should be fun. I anticipate doing a fair bit of streaming over the holidays - we'll see.

Weckl at Catalinas Oct 13-15th. Also, Zappa band at the BP end of the month.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:18 am

So, Drum Camp coming up in two weeks. Don't actually remember if it's two or three years since I was there last. It's only part of the plan for the trip though, as I'm meeting people one Friday and the Monday after to start building evidence/documentation for my case.

In theory I can go three years now with few questions before eventually going on unemplyment, but I also found out that I am allow to go to school while on this type of welfare and it can probably be extended if I have a good reason, like being in the middle of my studies.

Some new rules for the Masters which I don't have time prepare for when discovering it this late, but I'm not sure it really matters it this point. The plan is simply to get into university doing something related to playing drums and then just apply for whatever next year.

No new fancy drumming toys. All my money stil goes to outdoor gear. Got myself a pulk sled, so looking forward to doing some hot tenting in the snow. Trying out some winter clothing in person that I've considered ordering is also part of the plan. Hardly ever go anywhere , but that is also a way to save money on gas.

I am actually really practicing now and have put together a bit of a fun kit for that weekend of just a 4-piece, but with the 12 and 16, the TSS on the side and apart from the hats only Factory Metal stuff. :lol: I may call a friend to borrow a bass drum and a couple of toms so that I can travel lighter, hide everything enough to feel comfortable about parking in the city and and take my time with some camping fun on the way. We'll see.

For the political stuff I think most have had their chance, so December 2022 will be the start of reader posts of the local newspapers of every town I've ever worked in. Just my story and sharing my competence, why problems exist and how we solve them. This will eventually probably ruin the narcs completely because this is simple information that just indirectly says that they're to blame and have no idea what they're doing. It doesn't have t be aggressive, There's no point. It will still be the bomb they've feared for the, though. Not trying to reach leaders anymore, just everyone else that pays their salaries with their tax money. It will be many. Just one simple topic tackled at a time in a short and clear manner. I probably have material for at least 50 at this point.

Basically, in the shed or in the woods. Quit social media in April, but it was really more like January I just didn't delete my account until April. Don't really even remember that there was such a thing as Facebook until writing about it now and it was worthless.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:14 am

I saw Madison Cunningham live last night. Honestly completely blown away by her songs, her voice, and her musicianship.

Her latest album, 'Revealer' is really strong - with hints of Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, and other greats in her melodies.

Kyle Crane was fantastic on drums. As confident as Vinnie with Sting in the live in Japan concert, as laid back as Abe Laboriel with Jonatha Brooke on Plumb, as searching as Brian Blade with Lanois on Here is What Is.

GO see her with this band ASAP. GO. GO. GO.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:02 pm

1997 Gadd.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:00 pm

Dig the drummer.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:13 pm

Rock and Rollish, sushi roll vibe