Quarantine Chatty!

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Well, this is all good news. It's hard to know just useful and active this forum is. It's nice to read.
Matus

Postby Matus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 am

Thank you all, people. It's been just totally nuts. Stuff was already happening by the time I left but I guess at some point it just becomes too much and your defenses kick in. The whole pandemic only made it all crazier.
And yeah, I've learned a lot about people. Got to see who was there, who wasn't and not just on a personal aspect. I've seen the uglier part of the drum industry and learned how to detect when some interests just go against you.
At the end of the day, it feels good to return somewhere online that seems at least a bit free from all the BS you can see just by opening any social media. People around here tell it like it is, and that is vital for me right now.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:12 am

It certainly is good to have you back!!! Even though I only joined recently, I've been "lurking" here for about as long as the board has been up (what...around 20 years now!!!???)
Anyway, just the other day I was looking at some older posts and noticed some of your "stuff" there. I certainly missed seeing you here the past few years. Really sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. All the best to you.

Matus wrote:...At the end of the day, it feels good to return somewhere online that seems at least a bit free from all the BS you can see just by opening any social media. People around here tell it like it is, and that is vital for me right now.

That is why I don't have any online presence like FB, Twitter, etc. In fact...I NEVER even go to FB, etc. except for company's sites.

Even though nowadays one has to use one's "real name", one is still pretty "anonymous". It's almost like one has a license to be an idiot without any real consequences. (Yes...I'm aware that current/potential employers look at employees' posts...but unless the posters are writing something that is racially/ethnically disgusting or goes against today's "cancel culture", there are really no repercussions.)
When in doubt...roll.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:19 am

We can communicate and talk drums, even with different musical tastes and all. :o
Last edited by Odd-Arne Oseberg on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:45 am

This thread needs some Al.

Last edited by Odd-Arne Oseberg on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 am

Specially with the GREAT Ralph Humphrey on drums, I so love him.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:21 am

Tommy Igoe is doing stuff during the pandemic, but Rick just going completely over the top.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rickdior
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Any cycling fans?

STOKED to see Kasper Asgreen take the Ronde van Flanderen today. Danish Dynamite!

Matus, it is SO good to see you here again!
Sorry for your tough times.
willyz

Postby willyz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 am

All moved into the house in Philly- was originally going to have a drum room on the third floor where there's a room that shares no walls with any neighbors but it turned out to be too loud for the whole house, which is a bummer because the room sounded really good. Anyway, my father in law and I built an 8x8 riser in the basement (which was fun on a completely uneven concrete floor but we managed to make it work) with installation underneath. I've just got a kick, snare, hats, etc up right now and it's working really well. I've hung some heavy packing blankets in front and on the shared side and the difference was wild. Going to continue to improve with some installation above as well as hang some more of those blankets around the platform.

Sound proof? No. But reasonably isolated? Absolutely.

Will have to get some pictures and footage together when it's all done to show y'all. Fun stuff!
Got Blushda?
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:49 pm

willyz wrote:Going to continue to improve with some installation above as well as hang some more of those blankets around the platform.

You mean insulation, right? Are you going to use the pink fiberglass, or Styrofoam stuff?

Return to “Drumming Chat”