Quarantine Chatty!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed May 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Weather chart for demonstration day.

So, my dear Norway. Don't say I never did anything for you. There's no rain, so there's no excuse.

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed May 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Any PC gamer's out there? New PC build and a few new peripherals are helping the gaming cause. The Firefly's 2 Razor mouse pad and Razor Wireless Mamba are nice additions . Love the hard mouse pad. Should have tried it out years ago. Playing RE4 & RE5 (Resident Evil), Battlefield 5 and the game that sucks up all your time Assassins Creed Odyssey. Next up is a new monitor to take advantage of what GPU's and CPU's can display! Have a half way decent GPU. New GPU's on the way end of the year.
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed May 06, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm going to get around to getting a new gaming machine, I want to get into some of the new racing sims. I used to be into them pretty seriously.

Been watching this guy's channel.

Picked this up recently, it's a beast. Getting it dialed in, but getting my fat ass dialed in will be much more difficult.

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed May 06, 2020 6:42 pm

LANGMICK nice on the bike. I am picking up my new TREK bike tomorrow from the bike shop. Been saving up for that purchase. Under $500.00. Disk breaks. Under 30 pounds. Get around town and exercise purchase. I don’t drive around town i walk to store or bike. 5 gallon filtered water i take the car. Haven’t filled up my gas tank for 2 months.

Look into learning how to build your own PC. It’s frustrating and rewarding. Only built two rigs so far. Watched tons of videos on how to. You don’t have to spend a ton of scratch. Low budget builds play PC games just fine at high settings.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed May 06, 2020 11:31 pm

langmick

Postby langmick » Thu May 07, 2020 3:50 am

Kurtis, congrats on the bike purchase! I want to get out on Michigan's mountain bike trails this summer...and hopefully not wreck too hard.

Going to use this site as a guide to pick the components, not looking for the latest/greatest for sure. https://www.logicalincrements.com

This is pretty damned good. Wow. He was the guy who filled in last minute on drums with The Musical Box, a touring Genesis tribute, they're really good, play all the old prog tunes. I saw the first or second show with him, he killed it...then saw them the night after, and he started to really lay into the drums, took the band by surprise I think. LOL.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu May 07, 2020 4:19 am

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu May 07, 2020 3:33 pm

langmick wrote:Kurtis, congrats on the bike purchase! I want to get out on Michigan's mountain bike trails this summer...and hopefully not wreck too hard.

Going to use this site as a guide to pick the components, not looking for the latest/greatest for sure. https://www.logicalincrements.com

This is pretty damned good. Wow. He was the guy who filled in last minute on drums with The Musical Box, a touring Genesis tribute, they're really good, play all the old prog tunes. I saw the first or second show with him, he killed it...then saw them the night after, and he started to really lay into the drums, took the band by surprise I think. LOL.

Logicalincrements is a great sight. Been around for ages. basically you don't want to bottleneck the CPU and GPU. Get a very good CPU. Ryzen CPU's are a great bang for your buck! Get a big enough case to build in if it's your first build. I went with the Lian Li case. It's big but i have lots of RGB going on. Plan on doing a water cooled build in a few years using the case. Get a motherboard that has M.2 SSD. It's worth the jump! get a water cooling AIO for the CPU. You can upgrade from there.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu May 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Kurtis wrote:
langmick wrote:Kurtis, congrats on the bike purchase! I want to get out on Michigan's mountain bike trails this summer...and hopefully not wreck too hard.

Logicalincrements is a great page. Been around for ages. basically you don't want to bottleneck the CPU and GPU. Get a very good CPU. Ryzen CPU's are a great bang for your buck! Get a big enough case to build in if it's your first build. I went with the Lian Li case. It's big but i have lots of RGB going on. Plan on doing a water cooled build in a few years using the case. Get a motherboard that has M.2 SSD. It's worth the jump! get a water cooling AIO for the CPU. You can upgrade from there.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Thu May 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvG1wndsP0

Very insightful interview!! I like the part where he talks about the loss of some coordination since his accident, that he had to relearn stuff. He recalls reaching out to Steve Gadd after seeing him on a live video at the Blue Note. He noticed that he wasn't using his left-foot at all (as we normally do while playing the ride) and was wondering why. Gadd replied: "I am looking for comfort, so I don't need to use it. It's all about comfort." :idea:

Return to “Drumming Chat”