Quarantine Chatty!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:14 pm

langmick

Postby langmick » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Jammed with an actual guitarist this evening. We went through Satch Boogie and a few covers. Going to try Scatterbrain next, and maybe Cliffs of Dover. He's looking to improve his playing, I'm down with playing some cool shit.
Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:14 pm

I finally got around to watching La La Land. Really excellent movie and great soundtrack. Ryan Gosling plays piano really well. I didn't realise it's by the same guy who made Whiplash. And J.K
Simmons is in it. Erskine on drums.
No drums no life, know drums know life...
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:14 am

Weekend is upon us. Shouldn't matte rmuch one way or the other for somene in my situation, but it does a little bit.

Should be settling into some sor of normal routine by Monday. Setting aside some specific time for legal and politicical stuff and try to block it all out when doing other things. Still crazy to think that people like this exist and they get away with al the damage they do both to society and those who are actually good at and take responsbility in their jobs.

Bought the charts and solo transcriptions from SuperHeroes yesterday. Something different to do.

Otherwise just outside, investing in various outdoor stuff and trying to decide on my first hot tent setup for next winter.

There will be a small kit from Farmer Footdrums pretty soon. Should make some things a lot more pratical. Toms nest inside the bass drum ans takes absolutely no room in the car at all. I see them fill a multitude of purposes. The two shellpacks of my dreams will have to wait until or if things ever turn semi normal again.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Not a new concept, but these guys took it to another level... I´d consider buying a kit.

kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:34 am

Steve Pruitt (monster player) is ALL ABOUT WTS drums. Check him out-
D.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Damn, I went to see a Gretsch beginning 80's for only 960$, 13" (it bothers me that there is not a 12" but still), 16" and 22", if I was not f..k.ng broke I think I would buy it.
There is also a Slingerland from the 70's, 12", 13", 16" and 22" for the same price, I'm not that hip to that brand even if I know that it cheap too, damn !!! :-(
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

No drums no life, know drums know life...
langmick

Postby langmick » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Youtube is the same as old broadcast TV. It's been consumed. They have thousands of employees to go after people like Beato and others, they want on the platform what they want, dumb vapid content, with some good documentaries.

He'll have to move on to alt-tech, and quit complaining.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:24 am

It sort of had to move in this direction.

Youtube has become too big and has to follow the biggest tribe to not loose money.

It's not a one stop shop anymore, though. There are many other options.

There are quite a few other annoying things, though. Someone needs to inform the people in their little Hollywood fantasy world that what they feed their beloved furry friends from a can is an actual animal and anything else would not be healthy. Out of sight, out of mind, right.

Return to “Drumming Chat”