Quarantine Chatty!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue May 25, 2021 1:23 am

James Gadson is on s2e6 of 24 hours with Gordon Ramsay.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue May 25, 2021 4:30 pm

California is a wining mr bungle album. these cats are insane.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu May 27, 2021 3:42 am

Got the Anika book today.

Basically, it's stickings and basic accent patters with some reading text from triplets to septuplets.

Chapter 2 is your mixed subdivision stuff and Chapter 3 is hand independence.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri May 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sat May 29, 2021 7:24 am

Just booked time for my Covid 19 vaccination jabs. I'll be fully vaccinated (Pfizer) on 14th of July and I can't fucking wait.
Let's get this party started. I mean like Love is Stronger than Justice-drum part-appreciation-type party.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun May 30, 2021 1:30 am

Get jabbed.

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon May 31, 2021 11:04 am

New drum room up and running. We moved into a place that had an office already built inside the garage. We decided to expand that room some and add some sound resistant insulation and vinyl inside the walls. It doesn't need to be sound sealed completely, but enough to not disturb neighbors. Fortunately the only two neighbors we have are pretty far away on each side with none across the street (one of the reasons we picked this place).
Anyways the sound proofing is at a good place but now the room sounds horrible inside so I have 16 sound absorption panels arriving Friday. 24x48 5 inches deep. I decided to go with these guys after some research (and a recommendation from LADanny):
https://www.gikacoustics.com/product/gi ... echnology/

I've been having fun setting everything up, the old drum room was a bit cramped. I'm also excited to have ethernet hard wired into the room for streaming purposes. It was so much fun to just spread out all my gear and experiment a bit with cymbals. I ended up adding a little stack next to the HH. We'll see how long that lasts. I will update after the sound panels are installed!
BTW this makes teaching much more feasible so if anyone is interested in getting together there's never been a better time.

PICS!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jUEN815SkpSVU45H9
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon May 31, 2021 12:12 pm

Wow, well done Steve, hell yeah !!!
And no more money spent for renting the drum room, you win on all sides here, congrats brother.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
nomsgmusic

Postby nomsgmusic » Mon May 31, 2021 12:37 pm

BIG Congrats on the new crib Steve. There is nothing like a new (and dedicated) drum room. I remember when we were shopping for houses and doing the tours, we were walking around in this one (the one that we bought.) As my wife and I walked around and into a room she exclaimed "drum room!" She was absolutely right. We went through the standard purchase process (offers, etc...) but all I could think of was "Drum Room."

I have an office, and the drum room, the rest of the house is hers!

As long as it doesn't disturb the other people inside house, and the neighbors can't hear from their vantage point, you're good to go. As you said, "Sound Resistant." My neighbors didn't even know I was a musician until they saw me loading up the car for a gig once. ("Oh you play music? We didn't even know." MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!)

But be careful, drum rooms do tend to fill up quickly. You SWEAR that it won't, but they DO!!!!!

Congrats!
MSG
[url][/url]bluejayrecords.com/drumatic
[url][/url]vicfirth.com/artists/mark_griffith.html
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon May 31, 2021 1:58 pm

Good deal !!! :D

nomsgmusic wrote:I have an office, and the drum room, the rest of the house is hers!

MSG
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”