Nicely done clip of Gavin at MI...

robhaerr

Nicely done clip of Gavin at MI...

Postby robhaerr » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:00 am

Very nicely produced clip, Gavin...your take on personalities really hits on an important factor regarding chemistry in a band setting...

Where are some dang clip of your duet with Simon?!?!?!?!?!
Kurtis

Re: Nicely done clip of Gavin at MI...

Postby Kurtis » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 am

nice. love the ric05 stuff. that's a great tune to play at a clinic.
Gavin Harrison

Postby Gavin Harrison » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks - I seemed to have a kind of "There's Something About Mary" going on with the hair that day!!!

cheers
Gavin
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 am

Very nice video. Gavin your playing is always beautiful and inspirational.

Any word on when your bells are coming out?
Manu

Postby Manu » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Super nice Gavin, really pro audio and video quality, is that all there is from that clinic?
Joesmechanic

Postby Joesmechanic » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 am

Gavin? Do you know what happened to the clinic at Guitar Center? The fellow said it was going to be posted on their Youtube channel. Nothing as of yet and that was a really great clinic as well. The sound was superb thanks to your PT engineer being present.
Gavin Harrison

Postby Gavin Harrison » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 am

The M.I clinic was filmed - but is only available for the students to see from their computer library. The Guitar Center clinic was also filmed (and I just mixed the audio - although it's only overheads + bass drum + snare drum) but generally sounds pretty good. I'm not sure when it will be released - or how much of it will be seen. I think they broadcast it on direct TV first. They did tell me that they had a lot of other "sessions" in the can so it might be a while yet.
Also a film crew came over to Simon Phillip's studio and recorded us rehearsing our duet - that should look and sound pretty good.

cheers
Gavin
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:20 am

Gavin Harrison wrote:The M.I clinic was filmed - but is only available for the students to see from their computer library. The Guitar Center clinic was also filmed (and I just mixed the audio - although it's only overheads + bass drum + snare drum) but generally sounds pretty good. I'm not sure when it will be released - or how much of it will be seen. I think they broadcast it on direct TV first. They did tell me that they had a lot of other "sessions" in the can so it might be a while yet.
Also a film crew came over to Simon Phillip's studio and recorded us rehearsing our duet - that should look and sound pretty good.

cheers
Gavin

Well, geez, Gavin...any special peeks at it for your HOD buddies?!?!?

The rehearsal and the actual performance filmed?!? Love that stuff...can't wait. A friend of mine was on the production crew at the Guitar Center Drum Off...a non drummer who hates these events...but he said it was a real pleasure to be around you and Simon...here is his message to me, after inviting me to go (but I had late meetings at work)...

"I think this was the fourth one of these dealios we've done now and I am more often than not left scratching my empty noggin at the end of the night mostly due to the oddness of drum geek subculture. I'm not a drum aficionado by any stretch of the imagination, Rob (as you probably have guessed)... but I must say I was pleasantly surprised at not only what a class act both those gents are on a personal level but dang it if I didn't sorta enjoy their far too short time onstage..."

This guy is a 40-something punker-type, too...one of those hard-to-penetrate-the-attitude-guys...so you and Simon really made an impression. He didn't care for Steve Smith...his comments were pretty harsh about Smith.

I would like to suggest that Porcupine Tree include some "bonus footage"...interviews, rehearsal/soundcheck/backstage/tour bus hang footage on the next DVD.

Return to “Drumming Chat”