Vinnie Colaiuta Osaka Led Boots Bootleg.

Richie Jarvis

Vinnie Colaiuta Osaka Led Boots Bootleg.

Postby Richie Jarvis » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi all,

There was a brilliant solo at the opening of Led Boots in Osaka and for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, most likely removed or deleted.

Does anyone have it and can help a drum broker out?
fandaz

Re: Vinnie Colaiuta Osaka Led Boots Bootleg.

Postby fandaz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:27 am

fandaz

Postby fandaz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:30 am

Sorry, probably not it.....Jeff & Tal at Saitama Super Arena, Japan 2009 02/22
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:21 am

geeeezus hes on fire
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:07 pm

sjj123 wrote:geeeezus hes on fire

Yeah he's definitely feeling it here. The songs are pretty loose though, no? I'm not complaining, I like loose. Except for... nevermind.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:43 pm

One of my favorite JB's concert, maybe my favorite line up too.
PS : and Vince's Zildjian sound AWESOME !!!

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
nomsgmusic

Postby nomsgmusic » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Funny that you say that Rodge, I saw this band (with bassist Randy Hope Taylor) a few weeks after this was filmed, and was blown away with Randy's overall concept of playing Jeff's music. That night Vinnie invited me to sit right behind Jeff's Marshalls, watching Vinnie and Randy the whole time, YES I had earplugs in!) I liked Randy in this band more than Pino or Tal, (no disrespect to either.) I just thought that Randy played this music (and hooked up with, and left space for Vinnie and Jeff) perfectly!!! He was a layover from Jeff's band with Jennifer Batten and Steve Alexander (right?)

A few weeks after I interviewed Vinnie (that same night) someone sent me the DVD of this entire show (I forget who, maybe Vinnie, I forget) but I watched it constantly. When the video of Ronnie Scott's came out, I couldn't wait to compare and contrast them, just to see if my memory was serving me correctly. Yup. Randy and Vinnie were a perfect team for this music (again no disrespect to Pino or Tal.)

Furthermore, it was the perfect time for Vinnie in this band too, during the Pino tour Vinnie (and Pino) were still sort of "learning" the music (feeling it out, on a very high level,) during the Randy tour Vinnie had learned it and was chewing it up and spitting it out, just completely devouring the music, and Randy KNEW the music! By the time Tal joined (in my opinion) he sounded a little "spent" on playing the same tunes (for a few years straight) with Jeff (as great as those tunes are!)

It sounds like you agree, which I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this opinion.

This is a FANTASTIC show!!!!!!!
MSG
[url][/url]bluejayrecords.com/drumatic
[url][/url]vicfirth.com/artists/mark_griffith.html
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:32 pm

nomsgmusic keep the stories coming. vinnie to this day keeps killing it on every single recording! I can't wait to hear what he does next!
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:54 pm

Rodge wrote:One of my favorite JB's concert, maybe my favorite line up too.
PS : and Vince's Zildjian sound AWESOME !!!

Rodge this concert is sick. i loose my shit every time. Vinnie is Superman.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Right on the money Mark, right on the money brother !!!
For saying short, I'd say that Randy was playing Rock solid while Tal was playing kind of Jazz Fusion, and Jeff's music is to me Jazz (because the improvisation's part) Rock, so Randy was for me the perfect fit. And like you said, Randy created a lot of spaces, the music was breathing while Vinnie and Jeff could converse, Randy was a real anchor.

nomsgmusic wrote:Funny that you say that Rodge, I saw this band (with bassist Randy Hope Taylor) a few weeks after this was filmed, and was blown away with Randy's overall concept of playing Jeff's music. That night Vinnie invited me to sit right behind Jeff's Marshalls, watching Vinnie and Randy the whole time, YES I had earplugs in!) I liked Randy in this band more than Pino or Tal, (no disrespect to either.) I just thought that Randy played this music (and hooked up with, and left space for Vinnie and Jeff) perfectly!!! He was a layover from Jeff's band with Jennifer Batten and Steve Alexander (right?)

A few weeks after I interviewed Vinnie (that same night) someone sent me the DVD of this entire show (I forget who, maybe Vinnie, I forget) but I watched it constantly. When the video of Ronnie Scott's came out, I couldn't wait to compare and contrast them, just to see if my memory was serving me correctly. Yup. Randy and Vinnie were a perfect team for this music (again no disrespect to Pino or Tal.)

Furthermore, it was the perfect time for Vinnie in this band too, during the Pino tour Vinnie (and Pino) were still sort of "learning" the music (feeling it out, on a very high level,) during the Randy tour Vinnie had learned it and was chewing it up and spitting it out, just completely devouring the music, and Randy KNEW the music! By the time Tal joined (in my opinion) he sounded a little "spent" on playing the same tunes (for a few years straight) with Jeff (as great as those tunes are!)

It sounds like you agree, which I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this opinion.

This is a FANTASTIC show!!!!!!!
MSG
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”