2023 Chatty!

Patrick Tiglao

Re: 2023 Chatty!

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:37 pm

:|
langmick wrote:Played a gig the other day near Cleveland. just putting our a warning to anyone using Pearl pedals and not checking them before every gig.

This happened in the middle of a Shania tune in front of 5-6000 people. I'd never played the tune, not with this singer, never played to tracks live, or with in-ears.

But, all in all, gig went pretty good. I just kept slamming 2 and 4 and made it through. Monitor guy was awful, smoking and eating and not paying attention.

Luckily I had a spare behind me and could swap it out between songs. If I hadn't, show over.

Damn man. Im sorry that happened. I have these same pedals. I will be checking them before every setup now.

How long have you had that set of pedals? Its almost perfect that you happened to have a spare pedal hanging around.

Thanks for sharing and helping.
There is nothing left to say.
langmick

Postby langmick » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:18 am

Sorry about the gigantic pics.

I've had these for many years. I love them to bits...but there's an achilles' heel in the heel. The small screw just loosened over time and I didn't know it until it wasn't connected any longer. I'm going to loctite that screw, and get a welder try to weld that together, if it's doable. It took quite a while to fix it, so not really something to be done during a show. Now I'm looking at that DW hi-hat stand. I've had that for a long time and feels great. But.

I try to bring as much redundancy as possible, without being insane, but some may think me insane for bringing as much as I do. A double pedal is in one way redundancy, I played left footed when I had to go to the ride, then swung over to play right footed when I was on the hats. I dont want to be the cause for ticket refunds. That would be an RGE, resume-generating event.

A Toby Keith tribute opened for us a few weeks ago...lead singer's in-ears pulled apart. He didn't have a spare and had to run to Best Buy. I bought a second set the next day.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:01 am

Pulled the big kit apart today, to tune it, and re-arrange it.

Felt great to sit down at it again, afterward. Throne slightly higher, ride a bit higher up, and the x hat found its way to somewhere between the two lower toms.

ImageImage

ImageImage
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:08 am

Morgenthaler wrote:Pulled the big kit apart today, to tune it, and re-arrange it.

Felt great to sit down at it again, afterward. Throne slightly higher, ride a bit higher up, and the x hat found its way to somewhere between the two lower toms.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Hell yeah, Jeppe! I'll say it to anyone who'll listen (which rules out my wife HEEEEYYYYYY-OOOOOOO!!!) that the Peavey drums are some of the best sounding drums I've ever heard. Color me jealous!
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:20 pm

FYI - HoD is on discord as well now too!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2857
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 pm

Hey Rodge... Amazing game by the Pumas today, huh... That last tackle was something else!
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm

Yes indeed hermano !!!
Congrats !!! :-)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:09 pm

Frank Briggs is a helluva player. Lots of cool drumstuff here, and that left hand.

Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:57 am

Doing a lot of gigging these days and a fair amount of practising too. I've been enjoying rotating metal snares on gigs with recent acquisitions of new Yamaha Brass and Aluminium RC snares both in 14 x 6.5, and a new Ludwig 400. Love them all! But I'm really enjoying playing the diecast rim snares for that super focused rimshot. I've kind of gone off my wood snares a bit recently. I didn't think I'd like brass and I wasn't overly excited by it at first. And then I decided to replace the batter side triple flange hoop with a diecast rim but left the triple flange hoop on the snare side, and bam, what a drum! Pretty much my favourite snare now.

Bought some new cymbals. 14 K hats, 18 K dark thin crash and a 20 K Custom dark ride. Love them. I've been using the Dry light ride for years and fancied something else a bit livelier.

Oh and my friend returned my old 1980 Yamaha SD493 brass piccolo which I haven't used for years. I'm enjoying playing that one again.

In other news, I've been getting into VR with a new Meta Quest 3 headset. It's amazing.
No drums no life, know drums know life...
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:52 pm

Completely sidelined by a protrusion of a disc in my lower back. Ramping up on nerve meds and unable to sit, walk, or stand for more than a few minutes before having to change position. This part of getting older really sucks. My prognosis is ok. I should recover fully within 3-8 weeks.

I was in a really good practice groove leading up to this so it sucks on so many levels.

Return to “Drumming Chat”