Steve Hass new youtube channel!

Clint Hopkins

Re: Steve Hass new youtube channel!

Postby Clint Hopkins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:58 am

Rodge wrote:
Robert Bluman wrote:I didn't know Hass went to PIT. Is that a good school?

Yeah I don't think Hassy was at PIT, but Berklee for sure, with some friends of mine.
Did he came here since Steve changed the forum ?

He was in the PIT ad in Modern Drummer. It listed his name, so no chance of mistaken identity.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:52 pm

I would love to hear the difference between those two school for him, Hassy ? Come on !!! :-)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Darren Altman

Postby Darren Altman » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Robert Bluman wrote:I just saw this and had to share. This is some top notch musical interaction. Creative without throwing the band members or getting in the way, foundational, grooving, and musical. Like Scofield said in Modern Drummer magazine, It's all there with Hass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nie-tcGjTvI

Wow, that was insane. I can't count at all through some of that!! And the guitarist has incredible rhythm too. Jut nuts!!
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm heading to Vitello's to check this out tonight. Anyone else feel like getting out? I'd love to have some company.

Sorry for the massive image below.

Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:30 pm

If anyone would like to join me text me @ 406-871-0631 :)
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Robert Bluman

Postby Robert Bluman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Isaac, how was the gig? Did they play straight ahead jazz or something else? I know Dennis Hamm is a great fusion player but never heard him in this setting. He was in Virgil's band amongst many others. I love that left foot HH video. I love the fact that he can REALLY play but doesn't use these videos as a vehicle to show off like many drummers do. He get's to the point and basically teaches the simplest form of what he's doing. It's relatable. Steve Holmes' videos are also like that. No self serving musical masturbation. Just great playing and information.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 pm

="Robert Bluman"]Isaac, how was the gig? Did they play straight ahead jazz or something else?

Funk Fusion with some Jazz/Latin Jazz elements here and there. Greasy shit for sure. Adam Hawley is a masterful player and I really dug him. Dennis Hamm is easily one of my favorite players. The way he interacts with the other players is really cool to watch. Steve Hass is a polished pro with a ton of feel, chops, musicality, and a great ear. Displacement, Metric Modulation, exploring polyrhythmic phrases in all the various rates are just some of the things I enjoyed watching him play.

Robert Bluman wrote:I know Dennis Hamm is a great fusion player but never heard him in this setting. He was in Virgil's band amongst many others. I love that left foot HH video. I love the fact that he can REALLY play but doesn't use these videos as a vehicle to show off like many drummers do. He get's to the point and basically teaches the simplest form of what he's doing. It's relatable. Steve Holmes' videos are also like that. No self serving musical masturbation. Just great playing and information.

Nice insight man.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 am

"Drummer Steve Hass warming up with some random syncopated grooves prior to laying down some tracks with LA producers The Difference."

Rodge

Postby Rodge » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 am

Nice groove !!!
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”