Dime A Dozen..??

ED_W

Re: Dime A Dozen..??

Postby ED_W » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 pm

I downloaded the files mentioned above using Transmission 2.20 on my Mac but I am unable to upload at all to Dime and my ratio is 0.00 so I'm now in share ratio violation. I won't be able to DL now until I pull up the ratio. I can't figure out why I can't upload to Dime but I can to public torrent sites like thepiratebay, etc. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 am

Im new to the whole DimeADozen thing. i tried downloading some stuff last night and after converting it to fit iTunes, the sound was really weird. Sort of like that sound enhancer that was on my Windows media player 5 years ago. Gives the cymbals a swirly effect. Is this from the source or is there something I am doing or can do to fix this? The few videos I downloaded didnt have thiis issue. just some cool Vinnie stuff with herbie and early nineties Sting. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 am

Could be a number of things.

What did the info file included with the download say in terms of source? If it was an audience recording, then yeah, it's probably just how it is. But if it was an FM radio broadcast or a board recording you probably had an issue in the conversion.

Assuming you're converting from FLAC?
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 pm

yes im converting from flac. I understand about the audience quality but this is something similar to an effect i used to get on my old cd burner in my pc. It was this swirling type of effect. I may very well just might have picked some not so great recordings.

Return to “Drumming Chat”