Drum Fantasy Camp '11

Robert Schwieger

Re: Drum Fantasy Camp '11

Postby Robert Schwieger » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:44 pm

John Riley. Great player and teacher.
Dave Capuzelo

Postby Dave Capuzelo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 am

I went to Fantasy Camp last year, and it was really a great experience all around. I'm definitely going to try to make it again this year; hopefully my schedule allows it.

As far as other suggestions, I also say Dave DiCenso would be a GREAT addition.
james

Postby james » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:01 pm

how about vinnie colaiuta? :)
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Steve, then you have Gavin in 2011 edition, and you have "room" for another drummer for this edition ?

Or you are asking for suggestions for 2012 drumcamp ?

Dicenso would be awesome, and John Riley too...
I keep on shooting:
Simon Phillips, Todd Sucherman...

And please, get the phone and call Vinnie.
Imagine remotely if he says: "Oh man, I´m so honored...thank you SO MUCH !!!".
Don´t save that bullet in your pocket, Steve...even if you got the NO almost guaranteed.
Steven Orkin

Postby Steven Orkin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 pm

All good suggestions!

In terms of Vinnie, he's made it pretty clear in the past that he prefers playing music to taking part in drumming events. It would be amazing to have him, but you have to respect that. I wouldn't want anyone to be unhappy at the camp...campers or instructors.

As a side note, Steve Gadd said "yes" a few years ago, but later admitted that it would be hard to commit given the commitments he has to several musicians. Can't argue with that...but I was REALLY excited at the time.

I think he fancied the hang with the other instructors, which is always fun for me and the campers to watch and take part in. Dave Weckl leads the way to a Mexican restaurant across from the camp and it's always a fun hang for everyone.

Probably no room for additional instructors this year, but it's good to hear what people think. It will be helpful moving forward...so...thanks!
willyz

Postby willyz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:38 pm

What about Steve Jordan? Or maybe Jeff Hamilton?
Got Blushda?
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Just curious, how advanced is the instruction?

That is to say, is it more - This is a X sticking/rudiment/etc applied to drumset - OR - Given we're playing a shuffle for this tune, we'll use a straight note value to create tension in the fill to release it into the chorus. Or perhaps more conceptual?
cjbdrm

Postby cjbdrm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 am

JC you guys are greedy...what, this lineup is not good enough for you? IMO it sounds a little insulting to make suggestions- talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

dang- I really want to go to this.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 am

cjbdrm wrote:JC you guys are greedy...what, this lineup is not good enough for you? IMO it sounds a little insulting to make suggestions- talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

dang- I really want to go to this.

Hi cjbdrm, Steve (Drumcamp director) asked for it...Maybe for an instructor place in the 2011 camp or for a future 2012 drummers list.

Steven Orkin wrote:Dave D. is a great idea. So many great drummers out there! I ask LOTS of drummers at NAMM and, depending on schedules, we get down to the final lineup.

Other suggestions?
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

if it was just dave and no one else it still would be an amazing time. daves solo breaks are just incredible. beyond fluid. it would be great to attend this. i have to many questions and more compliments for dave.

Return to “Drumming Chat”