It's decided I QUIT !!!

mind_drummer

It's decided I QUIT !!!

Postby mind_drummer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 am

Damn I'm so far away :oops: :o

Seriously

That's far one of the best kid I've ever seen play :shock:
Last edited by mind_drummer on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSOP

Re: It's decided I QUIT !!!

Postby DSOP » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 am

Holy cow!
cbrady

Postby cbrady » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 am

Well Gents.... That just ain't right!
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 am

That is AWESOME!

Hopefully he keeps with it. So many of the prodigies just seem to disappear.
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 am

nice skills for his age, yes. As a rule, I don't like the term 'prodigy' because it sets the wrong expectation. Children are the best 'mimics' of any age group. They have more aptitude for learning than any age group. Some kids learn faster than others. Learning faster doesn't mean you're an overall genius. Example: Have you seen all those commercials to make your kids read at age 3? Learning a skill such as reading at a young age seems to set some kind of expectation that the rate of learning will be exponential. Not true. Once you learn to read ... that's it, you can read. Comprehension, or read between the lines, is a different thing all together. They teach this to a degree in schools, but not what I'd classify as critical thinking skills.

Most of the prodigies I've seen are doing what someone else has done before, albeit at a very young age. I attribute that to a child's ability to mimic. It's cool yes. But the point is, 'if I had a nickel for every 9 yr old prodigy video on youtube....'.

This all sounds negative, but I enjoyed the kids performance and wish all the best to him. Another part of me wishes kids would just be kids, you only get one shot at it.
mind_drummer

Postby mind_drummer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 am

deseipel wrote:nice skills for his age, yes. As a rule, I don't like the term 'prodigy' because it sets the wrong expectation. Children are the best 'mimics' of any age group. They have more aptitude for learning than any age group. Some kids learn faster than others. Learning faster doesn't mean you're an overall genius. Example: Have you seen all those commercials to make your kids read at age 3? Learning a skill such as reading at a young age seems to set some kind of expectation that the rate of learning will be exponential. Not true. Once you learn to read ... that's it, you can read. Comprehension, or read between the lines, is a different thing all together. They teach this to a degree in schools, but not what I'd classify as critical thinking skills.

Most of the prodigies I've seen are doing what someone else has done before, albeit at a very young age. I attribute that to a child's ability to mimic. It's cool yes. But the point is, 'if I had a nickel for every 9 yr old prodigy video on youtube....'.

This all sounds negative, but I enjoyed the kids performance and wish all the best to him. Another part of me wishes kids would just be kids, you only get one shot at it.

I understand what you mean and I see it with young hockey players, they mimic what adult does but some are better than the others and more over they do it because they have fun and love doing it.

If that kid love playing drums and learn quickly and has inner self skills ability for doing it, go for it kid. I only hope he wont forget he's a young kid and there's life around not just drums...
Rafael Dolinski

Postby Rafael Dolinski » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:44 am

Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 am

Why worry? In 10 years he'll be so busy as a clinician and touring the world with Elektric Band III he won't have any time to steal someone's gig.

:P
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:12 am

Wow. a clave pattern that doesn't make me itch when I hear it.. that was killer.....
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:20 pm

When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member

Return to “Drumming Chat”