Thomas Pridgen

YamahaPlayer

Re: Thomas Pridgen

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 am

I pretty much lost all respect for that guy after seeing his Twitter postings. It's fascinating any company would stand behind such a person as well, or maybe they just aren't aware?
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 am

YamahaPlayer wrote:I pretty much lost all respect for that guy after seeing his Twitter postings. It's fascinating any company would stand behind such a person as well, or maybe they just aren't aware?

Zildjian seems to be ok with it I guess.

One of his latest tweets >>>
Photo: The new Zildjian Times
http://thebloodthirstyunicorn.tumblr.co ... jian-times
Sam

Postby Sam » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:40 pm

amoergosum wrote:Haha...look at the two kids at 0:35....priceless >>>

Now THAT is jackin' it. Crash/Ride or whatever it is insanely overbearing too :|
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:52 pm

amoergosum wrote:
YamahaPlayer wrote:I pretty much lost all respect for that guy after seeing his Twitter postings. It's fascinating any company would stand behind such a person as well, or maybe they just aren't aware?

Hard to say who/what they may or may not be aware of.

That picture is old. So is the Z-Times it's from...
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:03 pm

YamahaPlayer wrote:
amoergosum wrote:

Hard to say who/what they may or may not be aware of.

That picture is old. So is the Z-Times it's from...

Nop.

http://zildjian.com/Support/~/media/Z/P ... 1_All.ashx
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Pridgen's endorsement sells gear. As long as he doesn't do something crazy like go on a shooting spree in downtown Oakland, I doubt they care.

If Tre Cool gets to keep his endorsements, I haven't seen anything Pridgen's sent out on Twitter that would compare to that. TC destroyed his kit on stage every show and then mocked Ludwig (or whichever kit he endorsed) to an MD reporter that the manufacturer was picking up the tab for all those kits. (His tour manager confirmed the band, not the manufacturer, was paying for the kits). As far as that goes I've heard stories of Chad Smith slagging Pearl hard in clinics, but Pearl continues a relationship with him.

*shrug*

Not endorsing stupidity, but a manufacturer being unconcerned with an endorser's behavior doesn't really surprise me.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm

loose cannons are good for us. There's a ferociousness to his playing that all other gospel choppers lack.

I could care less about his twitter postings. OT: posts on twitter or any posts on the Internet should never be the basis for respect.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Ha HA!!! I remember that MD article! Though do you remember the next issue when Ludwig wrote in and told Tre to check with his accountant because he paid for all of those kits? I laughed so hard at that... I'm sure it hardly dented Tre's budget, but still.

True enough though, goes to show who you know and how little much else has to do with endorsements. Gotta sell to the kiddies... the Paiste Ad's with Joey Jordison are some of the most laughable I've yet to see.

Yes, that Z-Times is old. I got mine back in January. The picture they used of Thomas, has been used previously in cymbal ad's last year at the least.

"OT: posts on twitter or any posts on the Internet should never be the basis for respect."

Anything any person authors is most certainly a basis for respect - be it digital, in print, spoken word or otherwise. It wasn't that long ago a guy changed the FCC policies forever by uttering a single sentence on TV - a medium that reaches far fewer people then Twitter at the time, and even is true for today.

Just because it's digital doesn't change the fact it's direct communication from a person. Perhaps more so then printed.

Just my opinion though, plenty of cases where pro's lost endorsements and/or jobs in other industries for even less offensive issues. *shrug* Far be it from me to hold the drumming industry to higher standards I guess...
Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:51 am

deseipel wrote:OT: posts on twitter or any posts on the Internet should never be the basis for respect.

Would respectfully disagree.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:13 am

Let's focus on Thomas Pridgen (the musician) in this thread please...

Return to “Drumming Chat”