Thomas Pridgen

gretsch-o-rama

Re: Thomas Pridgen

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:25 pm

The Memorials are more Rock than I've heard in a long time... Which is something more than you can say for some of the tired, commercialized crap cesspool of modern music. NOW THAT'S A SEXY BLACK WOMAN!! LOL
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 am

The Memorials describe the beginning of the band >>>

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Haha...look at the two kids at 0:35....priceless >>>

Yussuf

Postby Yussuf » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:20 pm

:lol:

There's a certain edge to his drumming that I really like. And I am not usually a big fan of the gospel-"squeezeinasmanynotesasyoucan"-style. Seems like he's constantly coming up with new stuff to play and not always making it in the process, that's exciting.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Yussuf wrote:Seems like he's constantly coming up with new stuff to play and not always making it in the process, that's exciting.

Really? I get the impression it's just the opposite: He never knows what he's going to play and likes to live on the edge. That's what's exciting to me.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:41 pm

I think the Memorials stuff is pretty good. Different yet somewhat accessable, especially with the arraingements. Thomas always seems to be going for it and he has incredible facility. I dont always like the musical choices or statements he makes but i still applaud him for trying.
Yussuf

Postby Yussuf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Gaddabout wrote:
Yussuf wrote:Seems like he's constantly coming up with new stuff to play and not always making it in the process, that's exciting.

Really? I get the impression it's just the opposite: He never knows what he's going to play and likes to live on the edge. That's what's exciting to me.

I think we're talking about the same thing..By not knowing what to play next can become: stumbling into new stuff. Or something like that. Anyway...
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Yussuf wrote:
Gaddabout wrote:

I think we're talking about the same thing..By not knowing what to play next can become: stumbling into new stuff. Or something like that. Anyway...

Oh, there it is. I see it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Every clip I've seen him it looks like he's going to fall out of his chair, and that works both literally and figuratively. With Vinnie, it sometimes *feels* like he's going to drive the band over the cliff, but you know he'll always bring everyone back safely somehow. With Pridgen, he can't get to the edge fast enough, and no one's ever certain if he's going to pull out of it alive.

Either way, both are worth the price of admission. LOL ;)
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Yussuf

Postby Yussuf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Exactly.
JayD

Postby JayD » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:39 am

Maybe Pridgen is the new Ginger Baker then???

Return to “Drumming Chat”