DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

User avatar
sjj123
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:09 am

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby sjj123 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:20 am

Weingart & Weck are like bread and butter.....there is not a more ergonomically and sonically beautiful drummer...
NRA Life member
User avatar
Pocketplayer
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:41 am

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Pocketplayer » Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 am

Did Dave do this theme...it sounds like him to me...tight fills?

Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
User avatar
Steve Holmes
Site Admin
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 am

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Steve Holmes » Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm

I would say probably not.
User avatar
Odd-Arne Oseberg
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 am
Location: The physical plane.
Contact:

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri May 29, 2020 1:49 am

Pocketplayer wrote:Did Dave do this theme...it sounds like him to me...tight fills?




Steve Holmes wrote:I would say probably not.



If Dave did much of that kinda stuff I think it would be more out in the open. I don't think he's even done much in the pop world. "Like a Virgin" was enough. Let's do some jazz and my own band :lol:
Rodge
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:42 am
Location: Bordeaux/France.
Contact:

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Rodge » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:46 am

I'm not really sure DW plays on "Like A Virgin"... :roll:
He did some stuff on the album, some overdub here and there, but I don't think he actually played full drum on some songs.
The late Tony Thomson did it, and as Nile Rodgers was producing the album, it makes sens. ;)
Last edited by Rodge on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Julián Fernández
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Julián Fernández » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Rodge wrote:I'm not really sure DW plays on "Like A Virgin"... :roll:
He did some stuff on the album, some overdub here and there, but I don't think actually plays some entire some song, grooving on it.
The late Tony Thomson did it, and as Nile Rodgers was producing the album, it makes sens. ;)


"I need to fix the rumor about Madonna. The only thing I did with her were overdubs on 'Like A Virgin.' Basically, I didn't play drums. I played tom toms on part of a song. That was it," Weckl confessed.

Source: https://www.iowastatedaily.com/legendar ... cfa07.html
Rodge
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:42 am
Location: Bordeaux/France.
Contact:

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Rodge » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:05 pm

There you go. ;-)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
User avatar
Odd-Arne Oseberg
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 am
Location: The physical plane.
Contact:

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:31 pm

Julián Fernández wrote:
Rodge wrote:I'm not really sure DW plays on "Like A Virgin"... :roll:
He did some stuff on the album, some overdub here and there, but I don't think actually plays some entire some song, grooving on it.
The late Tony Thomson did it, and as Nile Rodgers was producing the album, it makes sens. ;)


"I need to fix the rumor about Madonna. The only thing I did with her were overdubs on 'Like A Virgin.' Basically, I didn't play drums. I played tom toms on part of a song. That was it," Weckl confessed.

Source: https://www.iowastatedaily.com/legendar ... cfa07.html


Rodge wrote:There you go. ;-)



And already at that point it was enough pop music for Dave. :lol:
Rodge
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:42 am
Location: Bordeaux/France.
Contact:

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby Rodge » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:47 am

:D :D :D :D :D

PS : I played A LOT on his "Rainy Day", remember ? From his "Contemporary Drummer + One", I loved that song. ;)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
jean krupa
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:45 am

Re: DAVE WECKL - The thread about Dave

Postby jean krupa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:04 am

Talking about commercial tracks Dave Weckl has recorded for:
Did him on Engelbert Humperdink's hot version of Cuando Cuando Cuando. He really lays a
nice pocket and keeps the feel from beat one to end.

Return to “Drumming Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests