Does anyone know about this company??

Patrick Tiglao

Does anyone know about this company??

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

They are a international booking agency who deals with 5-star asian hotels..

Do any of you HOD'ers know anything about this company?Are they legit?What are their hiring practices? Has anyone here worked for them before?
Or does anyone know someone who has worked for them in past?

Any help is appreciated!THanks.

The company is called El-Live

http://www.el-live.com/index.shtml
There is nothing left to say.
YamahaPlayer

Re: Does anyone know about this company??

Postby YamahaPlayer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Scam.

The website just screams it. Looking even for a few minutes, it's very obvious what it is. They are fishing, big time.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Why do you say that?
Not sure how this scam is supposed to work...
Patrick Tiglao

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Yeah it seems legit to a degree...Ive checked out some the musician's pages and it seems fine....BUT

There isnt enough info available about these guys..I cant find reviews of any kind,The site itself seems vague on details and correspondence information.

AND I find an ellive review on a internet scam warning site..But in the article they dont even mention the company yet El-live is tagged all over

http://www.searchengineoptimizationport ... scams-fbi/

I think Im gonna call one of these hotels where they work and check thier schedule....
There is nothing left to say.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Contact them directly and see if they can give you more info as far as salaries, and whether they're affiliated with the AFM (probably not).
Christos

Postby Christos » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Make sure you AT LEAST get some kind of advance payment. I've had friends who have done this kind of gig who were never paid.
Brad Schlueter

Postby Brad Schlueter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 am

It sounds like a cruise ship type gig, only on land. I'd look more deeply into it. I'd really hate to find myself in Kuala Lampur without a ride home.
aka Vdrummer
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Christos wrote:Make sure you AT LEAST get some kind of advance payment. I've had friends who have done this kind of gig who were never paid.

You've never felt true music love until the bandleader who's promised you a Sunday night payment in full fakes a heart attack and you find yourself struggling with an EMT while drunken cruise ship patrons look on in horror.
john lamb

Postby john lamb » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 am

Patrick Tiglao wrote:Yeah it seems legit to a degree...Ive checked out some the musician's pages and it seems fine....BUT

There isnt enough info available about these guys..I cant find reviews of any kind,The site itself seems vague on details and correspondence information.

AND I find an ellive review on a internet scam warning site..But in the article they dont even mention the company yet El-live is tagged all over

http://www.searchengineoptimizationport ... scams-fbi/

I think Im gonna call one of these hotels where they work and check thier schedule....

I'd be more suspicious of that article, actually. That website added those tags, and they are just trying to get traffic through any means necessary to sell stuff through adds.

Good idea about contacting the hotel, but the hotel manager may or may not know what the hell is going on in the hotel... And may or may not be bothered to respond. I'd be shocked if they posted specifically which hotels they perform at - its like inviting competition, though.

I heard about ElLive several years ago - so they've been around for a while. I've seen some groups like this operate. it *is* a scam in that they are essentially agents, and agents make money by doing the business stuff that musicians don't wanna do. Other than that, they're probably legit. They wouldn't last in the biz by ripping people off like that. At least... not with the same company name!
Check out my books:
Anatomy of Drumming
A Matter Of Time
Strt Playng Drums

Return to “Drumming Chat”