"Mangini is a HORRIBLE human being!"

WHOA...where did THAT come from?
I think Mike is a cool guy, super talented--
his drumming doesn't do much for my soul
but that's just me...

I met him at NAMM when he was the fastest
drummer in the world thing...as nice a guy as
it gets...like having a conversation with a cat
who drank 10 cups of coffee type enthusiasm.
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Rodge

Re: Assorted videos / YouTube thread

Postby Rodge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:50 am

Always loved that clip, MM is awesome !!!

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
bored at work

Postby bored at work » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:33 am

Rodge wrote:Why ?
Tell us more mate.

I must confess that he looks fake to me, but as I don't know him personally, I'd just say that he's an incredible drummer.

Mike took part in a Zildjian Day in the UK a few years back. I got to witness first hand how badly he treated people, how he spoke to people who were trying to help him. Pearl hadn't supplied him with a closed Hi hat holder and he threw a hissy fit. A friend of mine, who was on the bill gave him a DW x hat that he had in his gig bag. Mike replied 'I'm not using that fucking piece of shit' He made the lady, who worked for the venue cry after he was shown to the dressing room that had been assigned to him, because he thought he should have a better room. He was actually heard to say 'Do you know who I am?'. He was vile to the Zildjian team who were trying their best to look after him.

Another friend of mine was on a tour with DT as part of a double header. At the time, the band my friend was playing with was doing good business so it was agreed that his band would play second, the headline slot if you will. Mike went up to my drummer friend and told him that he should try and convince his band that they should be the support slot because everyone knew that DT was a much better band. My friend just laughed. Every night MM would stand in my friends line of vision, whilst my friend was playing the gig and vibe him out, standing there, with his arms folded and a 'Fuck You' face on, Every Night!

After the sound check, when the crew were having their main meal, MM would have his tech, set up a throne and snare drum, in the dining room and MM would warm up at full volume. In front of everyone trying to eat their food.

Nast piece of work!
Last edited by bored at work on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bored at work

Postby bored at work » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:33 am

Pocketplayer wrote:"Mangini is a HORRIBLE human being!"

WHOA...where did THAT come from?

First hand experience.
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:12 am

whats w/ the safety glasses?
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:32 am

Well, then you've been very gentle by just saying "horrible human being"...

bored at work wrote:
Rodge wrote:Why ?
Tell us more mate.

I must confess that he looks fake to me, but as I don't know him personally, I'd just say that he's an incredible drummer.

Mike took part in a Zildjian Day in the UK a few years back. I got to witness first hand how badly he treated people, how he spoke to people who were trying to help him. Pearl hadn't supplied him with a closed Hi hat holder and he threw a hissy fit. A friend of mine, who was on the bill gave him a DW x hat that he had in his gig bag. Mike replied 'I'm not using that fucking piece of shit' He made the lady, who worked for the venue cry after he was shown to the dressing room that had been assigned to him, because he thought he should have a better room. He was actually heard to say 'Do you know who I am?'. He was vile to the Zildjian team who were trying their best to look after him.

Another friend of mine was on a tour with DT as part of a double header. At the time, the band my friend was playing with was doing good business so it was agreed that his band would play second, the headline slot if you will. Mike went up to my drummer friend and told him that he should try and convince his band that they should be the support slot because everyone knew that DT was a much better band. My friend just laughed. Every night MM would stand in my friends line of vision, whilst my friend was playing the gig and vibe him out, standing there, with his arms folded and a 'Fuck You' face on, Every Night!

After the sound check, when the crew were having their main meal, MM would have his tech, set up a throne and snare drum, in the dining room and MM would warm up at full volume. In front of everyone trying to eat their food.

Nast piece of work!
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

bored at work wrote:
Pocketplayer wrote:Love all the effort, but that snare...UGH!
Phil Collins still holds the standard for concert tom set ups...

The ANTI-ergonomic Mike Mangini REACHING for the stars...
so much for the Buddy Rich influence!

Mangini is a HORRIBLE human being!

I am not surprised to read this. I know for a fact that he's been banned from an international Drum Festival for being such a frigging d*k.... Nuff said...
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm

The late Ed Uribe was a real Master.

Aydin Esen with ED Uribe

Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 pm

Suffice to say there will be no forth coming MM official thread... :shock:
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
langmick

Postby langmick » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Well, he does seem to be a bit of a phony in his vids tbh...

This is a great palate cleanser, JR. Would love to do a cover of this! He throws some shit in there, and just sits on that groove. Maybe Kaide would take a request. :)

Return to “Drumming Chat”