Assorted videos / YouTube thread

Pocketplayer

Re: Assorted videos / YouTube thread

Postby Pocketplayer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:57 pm

Great story Pablo! That security guard episode reminds me of one of the LA Lakers,
Mike Penberthy (nobody else knew who he was either)...he lived in the apartment building
of my friend. Pulled up to the stadium for practice and the security guard would not let
him in...waited until Kobi showed up to prove he was on the team to get by!

Outta Love BLEW us high school kids outta space...this is what made Van Halen different...
the energy in concert when the band all played Al's kit...all it takes it something like that
to make it MUST SEE viewing...his drum sound on this LP was amazing...bass drum thumps
and playing over looked to Ed's...Eddie dominated the show so much we overlooked his older bro.

If you listen to some of the early bootlegs of Van Valen...some guy has one as far back as '74
Al does that double bass ruff fill a lot...he used that in concert and played much more Live
than on record...I think Ted toned him and honed him in studio as he developed.

Bass n Drums pound so hard on this one as well...those crash cymbals are so heavy...his
16th notes that lift are all feel following Roth's vocals...the ending is incredible. The snare
build ups to end the verse in that smackin' flam kills! Van Halen I and II was crazy good stuff.
Michael's background vocals still a huge part of the sound.

This is just nutz...steroids rock

Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 pm

love this guy
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm

No drums no life, know drums know life...
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:15 pm

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxgKuA5J50E

>>>

"Eddie Van Halen filed a civil injunction Friday (Jan. 26) in an effort to block the sale of Van Halen footage shot at his 5150 studios beginning in 2006. The guitarist is suing based on copyright infringement and breach of contract, among other grounds, according to court documents.

Andrew Bennett, who claims to have been hired in both 2004 and 2006 by Van Halen to film the band's rehearsals, has put about an hour of video footage up for sale on his website for $500 a pop. In the trailer for the '5150 Vault,' which can be viewed below, Bennett writes, "For six months, from 2006-2007, when the band was without a singer, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen rehearsed twice a week at 5150. From Wolfgang's first rehearsal and for months after, each rehearsal was filmed and documented by a single camera."

Bennett says the band rehearsed a 19 song setlist, and that none of it has been released until now. The '5150 Vault' includes three songs in full along with candid moments filmed inside 5150. There is also audio of five tracks straight from the studio's board. He's also providing a 16x20 hi-res image of each bandmember. Only 500 copies of the '5150 Vault' are being put up for sale."

http://loudwire.com/eddie-van-halen-fil ... o-footage/
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:05 am

I would feel very violated if some guy wanted to profit off me and my family because we were popular!
This guy needs $25k fast, so instead of dealing drugs, he deals this?
This is worse than a paparazzi stalking Britney Spears outside a West Hollywood club at 2am.
Knowing Eddie, he will drop well over $25k to shut this guy down for good!

That said...I keep on thinking one thought; HOW...how in the world can these brothers still hear!
I assume the VH bros have THE BEST hearing protection available...yet, Eddie is an addict and they
can be brilliant in one aspect of life (tweaking and technology) and neglect personal health issues.

Even with the best, how do they still hear? At the 1:1 interview he did a few years back, What is an
American or something like that, he mentions loud...as a kid loud, as a band loud...that goes back
to 1960's loud...probably little to no ear protection in the 70's...how do they still hear?
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 pm

One of my all-time favorite pop songs is Speed Demon. I LOVE the bass line and I love how you can look at it in so many different ways.
Here are 3 of my favorite bass cover interpretations:

Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:09 am

Damn, this guy is REALLY good !!!!!! :o

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”