Assorted videos / YouTube thread

beat hit

Re: Assorted videos / YouTube thread

Postby beat hit » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:09 am

Melinda Sullivan tap-dancing over Seven Steps To Heaven... Amazing!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqneb_MvEQE
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:19 pm

Rudy this is the best footage of that band IMO. Love them!
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 pm

You guys hip to Michael? His YT channel has some great content...

Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:34 am

Steve Holmes wrote:Rudy this is the best footage of that band IMO. Love them!

Ah yeah Steve, good call. I started watching that live gig a few days ago and am a little way into it. It's excellent and I need to get back to finishing it. Cool, I didn't know you're a fan too!
No drums no life, know drums know life...
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Fables is one of my fav JLP LPs...
Rayford Griffin lays it down

Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm

Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:18 am

Thinking about the GREAT Ralph Humphrey who went to announce that he's now in hospice care, so sad...
I love that guy, clever sweet person, an LA studio Legend for real, and what an educator too, I was REALLY happy to met him.
I remember I was playing at Catalina with Joe Zawinul, and the whole concert I was thinking that that guy in the room looked like Ralph, and it was him, the bass player (the GREAT Linley Marthe) and me were like real groupies around him, and him as always, only gracious and class, he wanted me to come at LAMA for doing a master class...

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
langmick

Postby langmick » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:26 am

Man, that's sad, he lived a great life, inspirational person. We all have to go sometime...

Great pics from a long time ago.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/frankreinajr/posts/pfbid0VhApqsuK5g6iQpmEcvo8srvfkW9stQqhZK8fnmgazMFMF3UX7x5U9Vb3FAQEF7nGl?__cft__[0]=AZXUL07-Jtr2YZlf6AGqGvW11qsk15YMFptr37yBVdhHVIiwV6ntEKRSkf_arvF4lJmjM0LvjHJ7LnM3cuzN_EyECdGsH56jFNK3yiuRXaLNWiyX78RqYgnYuVRKpUuClki6apk1HVwjG3FuqtmCmtNIPmn690hsokC1M6J5Ax4bknxrnwZ1dW-5eG5MhzITcnM&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R[/url]

I have gone to NAMM many more times than I can remember. Regardless of the noise and the business, I saw a lot friends who I haven't seen in a year. That was more than worth it.
Well, I haven't make the couple shows due to Covid and my own illness., which has now got the best of me. I am entering hospice care and I have my entire family around me, along with many friends. Those from NAMM days I will never see again.
Often, when on Facebook, I hear news of another death in our community, although some of you continue the good fight. Hang in there Dom. We are all on your team.
So, what I can say about impending death is that it can be done with grace, gratitude, joy, and acceptance. Giving up teaching and playing has been one of the hardest, however.
Thank you to all for giving me the pleasure of experiencing music with you. Music is a gift and I have had so many of those gifts.
I hope you all have the joy of life and the pleasure of love.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:36 pm

innervisions is an great album.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:33 am

The GREAT Ralph Humphrey past away, so sad...
May his Sweet Soul rest in Peace, he did great on Earth.

Rodge wrote:Thinking about the GREAT Ralph Humphrey who went to announce that he's now in hospice care, so sad...
I love that guy, clever sweet person, an LA studio Legend for real, and what an educator too, I was REALLY happy to met him.
I remember I was playing at Catalina with Joe Zawinul, and the whole concert I was thinking that that guy in the room looked like Ralph, and it was him, the bass player (the GREAT Linley Marthe) and me were like real groupies around him, and him as always, only gracious and class, he wanted me to come at LAMA for doing a master class...

I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”