Postby bing bang » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm

This guy is my teacher ! His name is Simon Langlois :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slf4rMc08jM
Gaddabout

Re: YouTube Musicians

Postby Gaddabout » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm

bing bang wrote:This guy is my teacher ! His name is Simon Langlois :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slf4rMc08jM

Um. Yeah. That's ONE way to play that tune.

“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Matus

Postby Matus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:41 am

I already posted this on the last Weekend Chatty, but thought I'd drop it around here as well, as we're happy with how this small show came out. Nothing spectacular, but cool nonetheless.

Any criticism will be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
bing bang

Postby bing bang » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:40 am

This clip is from one of his clinic (Part 1)

We can feel the control, power and articulation of his sound... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gTJmQBArvA
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 am

Matus wrote:I already posted this on the last Weekend Chatty, but thought I'd drop it around here as well, as we're happy with how this small show came out. Nothing spectacular, but cool nonetheless.

Any criticism will be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:

You're a pro, dude. Your time couldn't have been better if you were playing to a click. Your playing was tasty, especially for that genre. Great pocket -- you make that music feel real good. The only criticism I might have would be petty ... I'd like to hear you hit the toms a little harder, at least as hard as your backbeat on the snare, but I have no idea how loud it was in that room or what kind of instruction you received from the artist. Based on your skill level, I'm guessing you were adjusting to what you were hearing.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Matus

Postby Matus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:11 pm

It's a mix of different factors. First off, I couldn't test the drums in what was a huge room, where the guitar showroom was held and each brand had a little space for their stand and demos. So what you're hearing is my kit tuned for my previous gig, although I did tune the toms and snare a bit lower just in case the acoustics were too harsh, didn't want to kill the band sound and it sounded nice where we were standing. You're hearing mostly my rimshots on a low tuned double ply head :) The beef of the sound is what's missing on the video.
But yeah, I've been thinking about my tom volume lately. I'll put some practice time into that. Thanks!
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
S.P

Postby S.P » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Matus, nice playing dude! Yeah first impressions when watching you play was how solid you are. Solid as a rock! I agree with Gaddabout in that you play that style in your own way and it definitely makes it interesting to someone who would not normally enjoy that kind of music. Your fills mostly seemed quit different from you'd hear in that genre which I enjoyed...nice stuff dude!

I specially enjoyed the fill at 5:05....

Regarding tom sound....I can't see any mics so I'm assuming that you weren't mic'ed...the guitar sounds quite loud so it would be pretty hard for the drums to fight against that!
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 am

Long Long Time Ago - Jack Conte >>>

fisherman

Postby fisherman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Bing Bang , Your teacher (simon langlois) is a beast !!

His precision and power are simply out of this world !!

And his facility and vocabulary .... I'm just speechless !!!

Thanks for the discovery !!!

I hope to see more stuff of him !!
bing bang

Postby bing bang » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 am

You're welcome Fisherman!!

I'm really happy to read that : Simon hasn't a name as big as his talent but each time he gets to a drumkit you just can't stay indifferent...

It's magical !! And he has an unbelievable time feel and he can play any style: country, latin, jazz,RnB, Rock....

Any bass players who got the chance to play with him are automatically addicted to his groove and precision !

I will ask him more videos of his playing, but he is not a showoff at all, and he doesn't care about popularity, so it's tough to get stuff from him... ;)

Return to “Drumming Chat”