Frank Briggs

S.P

Frank Briggs

Postby S.P » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey Guys,

A long time ago I picked up this awesome track which Frank Briggs played drums on, it was really bad quality though and I remember that at the time I couldn't find the .mp3 to share so that Frank or anyone else could help me identify the track so I can get a higher quality version. Finally here it is, this is only a one minute clip as I lost the file but still had the song on my ipod, I hooked up my ipod to some speakers then recorded the sound coming out through a microphone hooked up to my computer.

If anybody can help me identify and/or share a higher quality version of this track I would appreciate it as it blows my mind everytime!

File is hosted here:

http://www.filedropper.com/frankbriggssolo
S.P

Re: Frank Briggs

Postby S.P » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Have done a little investigating, the solo I have seems to be over this exact vamp that is featured here:

The version that is on my ipod is 6:06 if that helps to identify the file for anybody.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm

I forgot the title of the track, but it's from the DVD, and I think that's the only place you can get it. I imagine your audio is ripped from the DVD. E-mail Frank and see if there's a place you can get it. He's also on Facebook. Very personable. He's a member here but he doesn't come around often.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
S.P

Postby S.P » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks Gaddabout, yeah the track is called "Electric" and it's off Frank's DVD. Your right about it being ripped off the DVD as well. I've been in touch with Frank and he's already got back to me. He said he'll try and get an .mp3 of it for me. If he doesn't mind, I'll be sure to share on here. Will have to check out that DVD of his as well when I got some more moolah. I just bought China Ranch off itunes and I'm enjoying it! By the way, I was amazed that Frank replied back. I do remember him being on the old forums and offering to help me get this track when I asked for it back then but I wasn't even able to identify the name of it or where it came from at the time. Hopefully it will come through and in good quality as well because the version I had had been ripped off a VHS and was really, really low quality. But I loved having it on my ipod, it's so full of energy!
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:57 am

Briggs has got to be the most accomplished "who's that?" drummer around.
Frank can play drum gymnastics with the best of them but also can lay
down some voluptuous fat thick boned time in the best 'yum yum' of ways.

One of my all-time favs for sure...great human being to boot!

Check this out;

Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:05 am

This is brilliant!!
Wow. The sound, feel, touch, sensitivity...
Very cool. Ordering China Ranch now!!
Thanks Frank!
D.
S.P

Postby S.P » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:02 pm

I'm loving track 1 and a track called "Everything!" from China Ranch right now!
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 am

Frank Briggs is the total package when it comes to his sense of time, groove, dynamics, musical phrasing and just flat out power. And, he's almost as much fun to watch as he is to listen to.
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:26 am

Beautiful playing and sound in that Guitar Center performance !!
And he has a nice and complete website and studio website.

Take a walk:

http://frankbriggs.com/
S.P

Postby S.P » Thu May 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Frank has been amazing enough to dig up a complete video and .mp3 with and without drums as well as a drum chart for the tune I was inquiring about (Sketch/Electric) from his DVD "Complete Modern Drumset"!

He also provided insight with regards to the recording processes and his thoughts when composing/playing the tune.

Check it out at: http://www.frankbriggs.com under lessons!

Thanks again for doing this Frank! If you haven't picked up his CD "China Ranch", once again its highly recommended....my fav track is "Dessert Rose"!

By the way, China Ranch features.....

-Ric Fierabracci
-Steve Weingart
-Kit Walker
-Frank Gambale
-Brian Price

The CD is in the first round to be nominated in its category for a Grammy! Congrats to Frank.

Return to “Drumming Chat”