Even more Gergo Borlai

Manu

Re: Even more Gergo Borlai

Postby Manu » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 pm

timmy wrote:why does it have to be BECAUSE of vinnie's move ,the guy have his own ears !i mean every thing is not (only) 'bout vinnie .

Definitely not because of Vinnie, it was something related to Drumcraft and Paiste having a better corporate relationship or something of the sort which benefits Gergo.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

OT: Hey Manu, what happened with your band? I remember a thread about it...
timmy

Postby timmy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm

sorry but "i think so " meant it was about vinnie's move on paiste cymb.whatever .now, is anyone is tired about that promo stuff ?
anyway , let's use our ears now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu92pmfG ... el&list=UL
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:35 pm

timmy wrote:sorry but "i think so " meant it was about vinnie's move on paiste cymb.whatever .now, is anyone is tired about that promo stuff ?
anyway , let's use our ears now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu92pmfG ... el&list=UL
I like this. It reminds me of Chad Wackerman if he blew chops all over. His tom sound is great, finally. And it sounds like Chad's toms. lol
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manu

Postby Manu » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:04 am

Julián Fernández wrote:OT: Hey Manu, what happened with your band? I remember a thread about it...

All music is written, all artwork is done, now it's final stage of rehearsing and arranging before heading to the studio. I need to be careful cuz I am spending too much money and need to have the studio fees saved. In fact the other day I bought some ZIldjians from a Gergo student. When I went to pick em up Gergo was sitting on the rehearsal facilities lobby. He told me that the Zildjian 22 A custom ride was always his favorite ride, still to this day, and that he used it for like 20 years or something. The ride is really a beast of a ride, love it.

I actually took a lesson with Gergo on double pedal stuff, the guy can fly on the pedals effortlessly at insane speeds for as long as he wants. I could take more lessons with him, but I figure he's just at such far away level it's purposeless. He doesn't charge much for the lessons either.
Angelillo

Postby Angelillo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey Guys,

GERGO is playing his first drum festival in North America Sunday October 21
at the Montreal Drum Fest 2012 in Montreal, Canada !

Check out the web site:
www.montrealdrumfest.com
Manu

Postby Manu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 am

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 pm

^^^ that was awesome
Manu

Postby Manu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Kurtis wrote:^^^ that was awesome

Yes it was....
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 am

Manu wrote:
Julián Fernández wrote:OT: Hey Manu, what happened with your band? I remember a thread about it...

All music is written, all artwork is done, now it's final stage of rehearsing and arranging before heading to the studio. I need to be careful cuz I am spending too much money and need to have the studio fees saved. In fact the other day I bought some ZIldjians from a Gergo student. When I went to pick em up Gergo was sitting on the rehearsal facilities lobby. He told me that the Zildjian 22 A custom ride was always his favorite ride, still to this day, and that he used it for like 20 years or something. The ride is really a beast of a ride, love it.

I actually took a lesson with Gergo on double pedal stuff, the guy can fly on the pedals effortlessly at insane speeds for as long as he wants. I could take more lessons with him, but I figure he's just at such far away level it's purposeless. He doesn't charge much for the lessons either.

Keep us posted on that project, Manu!

Any insights worth revealing about the lesson with Gerg?

Return to “Drumming Chat”