David "Frankie" Toler- RIP

patdrums

David "Frankie" Toler- RIP

Postby patdrums » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 am

A good friend and phenomenal drummer, David "Frankie" Toler passed away yesterday afternoon after and extended illness. Frankie was an incredible player and made a big impact in the world of southern rock in hi career. He and his brother Dan played together in many bands including The Allman Brothers Band, Dickey Betts and Great Southern and Gregg Allman's solo band for many years. Frankie was the drummer on Gregg's 80's hit "I'm No Angel" with Dan on guitar and the late Bruce Waibel on bass. Frankie lived in Florida and I got to know him well in the early 90's when I lived there before I moved to Nashville. He was a beautiful person, a good friend and someone who's playing I always admired. RIP Frankie.....
Dave Capuzelo

Re: David "Frankie" Toler- RIP

Postby Dave Capuzelo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Didnt know of him, but he sure sounded like he accomplished a lot. Sorry for your loss, and R.I.P. Mr. Toler...
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 am

Condolences, Pat. RIP.
bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:29 am

I have a Toler Bros record from not too far back. All black cover with just a Toler Bros emblem on it. Some fantastic blues drumming on that. Great feel. Sad to hear. Condolences Pat.

Return to “Drumming Chat”