Blushda (and apology)

Jean-Paul

Re: Blushda Alert

Postby Jean-Paul » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:45 am

dwdrummer wrote:This is the last post on this topic, it has gotten pretty out of control in a hurry, lol. Even if I don't see eye to eye with the creator of this amazing forum it doesn't mean that I don't respect the HELL out of what he has done with this site and his amazing skills on the instrument. They far exceed mine, as do most of you.

I have spent 5 years doing nothing but trying to get the online drum community as a whole be kinder and more supportive to each other so obliviously this whole thread is a bit out of character for me. Anyone that constantly tells you that they don't care what other people think about them obviously cares very much about what other people think about them. I won't even pretend to be above that simple flaw.

The last thing this amazing forum needs is some young punk telling them how to do "The Blushda". Keep doing what you guys do, I will stay out of your way, and I seriously apologize for all of the negativity that this thread brought to HOD.

Peace,
Mike Johnston
drumteacher76@yahoo.com
(916) 276-2980

I like your video, I dig your concept but as you said, I talk a lot and fast. But maybe you can consider thinking first before you write something down. I can imagine you write as fast as you talk but you can't turn back the clock once you have hit the Submit button.

The first line of your "last" post says lol. Laughing Out Loud. I don't understand what's so funny about this or why you could laugh. I can see you as an active HOD member because you're a drum geek as we are. Old school Vinnie and Weckl lovers which you appreciate as well. You even call them drum gods in one of your Youtube comments from your latest vid.

I've read the last pages of this topic a couple of times but can't place the negativity and sarcasm like: "The last thing this amazing forum needs is some young punk telling them how to do "The Blushda"." I have no idea what goes on in your mind and what you want or have to prove. It looks a bit like self-fulfilling prophecy to me. You expect hate mails, phone calls, bad criticism and then that prediction becomes true. Obviously you don't like criticism because you (quote) have spent 5 years doing nothing but trying to get the online drum community as a whole be kinder and more supportive to each other. You don't understand where it's coming from.

Internet is a big world and people have opinions. That's the charming part from a forum. That's the charming part from Youtube. You want to expose yourself and you are pretty good at it. But then you should learn to take criticism as well.

Keep it cool.
Last edited by Jean-Paul on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ardent15

Postby Ardent15 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 am

The great thing about the Internet, is that it gives everyone a voice.

The bad thing about the Internet, is that it gives EVERYONE a voice...
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:18 am

I have no interest in being at odds with you, Mike. I think the majority of his here give a thumbs up to what you do, and no small amount here wish they had the idea and the savvy to create the monster you've built. I'm ready to move on, as you seem to do.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:16 pm

janne jansson

Postby janne jansson » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:51 pm

The Blushda is a drumlick from the dark side....that has been written and played to much in this forum.
It always stir up fights.
It´s time to move on to another drumlick please!
I think the Carlock drumlick is much hipper, but that one is old to. We used to do it at MI 1989 but not as good.. :lol:

I love drumlicks, but they are not worth fighting for with nice people like Mike or the great HOD members

Janne

----------------------------
This is me playing 7/8

http://youtu.be/KlkJ2QtY6hQ
james

Postby james » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 am

janne jansson wrote:The Blushda is a drumlick from the dark side....that has been written and played to much in this forum.
It always stir up fights.

Steve warned us about this over 10 years ago.

http://is.gd/tpooWF
Christopher

Postby Christopher » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 am

Clint Hopkins wrote:Oh my. This isn't going to turn out well is it?

You saw that coming early on, Clint.

:shock:

Anyway... What the hell was that all about? Did we just witness a breakdown of some sort?

Strange. Uncool too.

Steve's embedded Bert and Ernie video was the best part of this thread.

:lol:
Frank Sanchez

Postby Frank Sanchez » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am

That Bert and Ernie clip was CLASSIC!

The best part of this thread was that it led me back to THE blushda video with Steve. I can't believe that it's been over 10 years since that! Crazy. But, what was even better was being led over to the PHX Demo that is on Steve's channel. There is, around 4:00-4:13 some magic that needs to be "lessonized" for us! Steve, if you happen to still be reading this, YOU ARE A BEAST OF A DRUMMER! Amazing playing. Makes me want a new Altered album!
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Christopher wrote:
Clint Hopkins wrote:Oh my. This isn't going to turn out well is it?

You saw that coming early on, Clint.

:shock:

Given the situation it didn't take much to see.

I imagine a large warehouse like the one in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' with a guy carrying a box containing a transcript marked, "Steve Holmes' 'Casablanca' post" stenciled on the side.
Sam

Postby Sam » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Drumming Chat”