Pass this around

DSOP

Pass this around

Postby DSOP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:22 am

This is yet another reason why I will never own anything irreplaceable.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/m ... 58332.html
langmick

Re: Pass this around

Postby langmick » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 am

That thing would be next to me every single day of my life.

Wow. That is just sad.

I played with a guy who had a nice P Bass...it was snowing out and miserable in a Michigan winter way, I heard a knock on my door, he was standing there white faced and all he said was "Someone stole my bass".

He left it in his car, unlocked.

Luckily, the morons took it to oneof the few music shops and tried to get rid of it, he was able to get the bass and all his pedals back.
Avi_drums

Postby Avi_drums » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 am

Horrible.
S.P

Postby S.P » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Hope he can get it back
Tombo 7/4

Postby Tombo 7/4 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Uncool.

It reminds me of my brother who's 1953 Selmer Mark VI tenor sax was stolen in his car.
It was his working tool and his baby. A thing worth ~10k$.

He passed the serial # around to all music stores in Montreal and to all his contacts.
Eventually a guy showed up in a store to sell it. He said he had bought it for $50 in a flee market and knew it was worth much more than that.
Dunno if it was true but the salesman said it was stolen and that he better leave it there and go away. My bro thanked god.
cjbdrm

Postby cjbdrm » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:58 pm

The first thing I think about is how well was the studio secured? Sucks to learn a lesson the hard way.
patdrums

Postby patdrums » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm

There are 2 kinds of people that inhabit the absolute bottom of the sewer of humanity IMO---

child molesters and thieves.

That piece of filth should be fed his own kiwis. I hope the poster finds his guitar. I really do.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 pm

its a bummer but... youd think the guy would have invested in a secruity system for his studio. considering the price of a motion activated camera from radioshack even.

DSOP wrote:This is yet another reason why I will never own anything irreplaceable.

that seems rather silly. you should never let fear dictate your life choices.

particularly when it comes to owning badass instruments!!
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Josiah wrote:
DSOP wrote:This is yet another reason why I will never own anything irreplaceable.

that seems rather silly. you should never let fear dictate your life choices.

particularly when it comes to owning badass instruments!!

I wouldn't say fear is dictating my choices. I just seek great instruments which can easily be replaced. After all, your sound is your sound. It's in your hands. No use getting all caught up in the holy grail of snare drums or ride cymbals. I don't feel limited in the least by my equipment, only by my own abilities. Although, I did customize a Ludwig snare drum with a Tama throwoff and a Yamaha adjustable butt side years ago, and I do still have it. It seems very sad that someone could be so distraught by the loss of an instrument though, even as unique and special as it was.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:33 pm

very true. i have some very rare drums, some prototype cymbals, i love using them live. dont mind if they get scratched, etc point is to use them right

same with guitars i have.

funny thing too, everything is insured anyway, somebody steals something and ill just use the money to buy something else badass

Return to “Drumming Chat”