Chris Coleman

langmick

Re: Chris Coleman

Postby langmick » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 am

I thought about how I said that, and yes, what moves me might not matter to other people at all. He is open to interacting the audience, which is great!

Just my opinion...the opinion of a guy who didn't go to Berklee and didn't get the Dream Theatre gig!

HA!
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 am

Manu wrote:
Rodge wrote:Yes I agree that he's "playing" with the audience, but to me it's still more a "chops shop" than a story, you're right, as different we are the perception will be different.

He does not let people cold at the spud, we can cleary hear the excitement of the audience, and he doesn't let me cold too, I was just looking to hear how you guys see/hear that incredible solo.

I think he has a lot of heart and he transmits that through his playing. I was moved by his performance.

Chris has indeed a lot of heart, he's a REALLY sweet guy, and yes I did post other thing about him, like that Dave's cover at DiCenso's drum shop, I don't think a lot of people here enjoyed that performance, anyway. ;)

I gonna check what happen with my avatar Lucas, thanks bro'.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 am

Wow, that baked potato clip is insane. I really enjoyed that! Plus, I love how hard he's hitting!
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am

I believe this was at a "Jam night", so let's keep the occasion in mind. The guy has sick hands, very impressive.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:31 am

watching that first clip just made me smile so big. sick playing, but its really the "joy" element that is so powerful to me from that. im have to look up his discography, loved the playing.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 am

Chris is one of the instructors at the upcoming Fantasy Camp: http://www.drumfantasycamp.com/instructors.htm
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:44 pm

IMO, Chris just bubbles with joy when he plays and that shows in the music he plays. That speaks to me. With that said, there are some times where it sounds unmusical to do certain stuff, like the metric mod at 1:30. I love that stuff as much as the next guy but it seemed out of place to me.
Last edited by Clint Hopkins on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sejuba

Postby sejuba » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Rodge wrote:Hey guys,

I was watching this solo, his technic is REALLY incredible, I mean really really incredible and Chris is lately one of my favorite drummer, and he's so sweet to boot, nice.

Anyway, while I had my butt very well kicked watching this, I was thinking myself "wait a minute, he's not really telling a story, he's "just" having some fun playing drums..."

What do you guys think ?

whatever dude. this was freaking tight !!
it really depends on how you look at it. some stories
are more complex than others and that was a shit load
of stuff to follow but i loved every single sencond of it.

thanx
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Rodge wrote:Hey guys,

I was watching this solo, his technic is REALLY incredible, I mean really really incredible and Chris is lately one of my favorite drummer, and he's so sweet to boot, nice.

Anyway, while I had my butt very well kicked watching this, I was thinking myself "wait a minute, he's not really telling a story, he's "just" having some fun playing drums..."

What do you guys think ?

There's something to be said about guys like Chris -- guys who can really play and are inspiring, positive spirits. More importantly, Chris has his own thing going on. He's set apart from other guys who MIGHT otherwise sound a lot like him, because he really has unbelievable command of what he plays. I loved this. I love most anything he does.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:36 pm

It seems that I sound kind negative the way I posted that link, I'm a huge Chris's fan.

Remember that link : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66&start=0&hilit=chris+coleman
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”