amy winehouse died

Josiah

Re: amy winehouse died

Postby Josiah » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:10 am

bummer for her family, but no surprise by any means.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 pm

>>>

"On Friday night Amy had been well enough to play a drum kit she had recently moved into her bedroom. The noise was so loud neighbours complained."

"Police sources reported no sign of drugs at the house. Amy had seen her doctor on Friday night.
Amy's doctor examined her the evening before her death - and gave her the all clear."

"Her health was in a very bad state and she had been admitted to hospital by ambulance on a regular basis suffering seizures. Her nervous system was shot to pieces. The last time she was taken to hospital was about two weeks ago after the collapse of her latest tour. She was found in the street and taken to a private London clinic."
mind_drummer

Postby mind_drummer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:07 am

Food for thoughts...

Josiah

Postby Josiah » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 pm

those before/after drug things are so sad. the demise took years. it is a shame people get caught up in that, an unfortunate plague that strikes every tier of society.
Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm still devastated by this. Moved me to tears to be honest. Amy went to school with my niece, and lived in the same area of north london as me, so I feel a sort of connection in a strange way. Such a waste of talent, she wrote songs, played guitar and sang just great. She was a really beautiful girl before all the drugs took their toll. Ironically, she used to be staunchly anti drugs! On the bright side, she left a legacy of great music and performances. Here's 3 clips I really like with great band performances too. Particularly the first one ' you sent me flying' from the north sea jazz festival. And the band, awesome groove!

No drums no life, know drums know life...
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:54 am

Rudy_Ment wrote:Particularly the first one ' you sent me flying' from the north sea jazz festival. And the band, awesome groove!

Thanks so much for sharing that video....I haven't seen it before.
I just did some research >>>

Amy Winehouse, Bradley Webb, Pete Cochrane, Sam Beste.
SAT 10 JULY 2004
00:30 - 01:45
PAULUS POTTER HALL
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:14 am

Man....that intro of "In My Bed" sounds badass.
...the camera panning is brilliant...you can see that Amy's feeling it...

Return to “Drumming Chat”