Vinnie Clinic London 1987 [audio]

V4Vinnie

Re: Vinnie Clinic London 1987 [audio]

Postby V4Vinnie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 pm

please can someone PM me this clinic I was on a trip and found out just now...!!!

please...!!!!

Thanks for everything
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks so much, Clint! :)
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:21 am

Wow, removing audio now too?
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:30 am

Kurtis wrote:Vinnie doesn't lurk any drum forum. He has a guy that lurks for him. Maybe the person who runs his web site.

Vinnie is busy >>>

"Joining Mr. Obama for the joyous occasion was a bevy of other famous faces, including fellow Chi-town star Jennifer Hudson as well as famed drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and the city's mayor, Rahm Emanuel.
As for the musical entertainment, Hudson, Herbie Hancock and the rock group OK Go all took the stage throughout the evening, the American Idol star singing "Happy Birthday" to the President."

Source:
http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/presid ... ty-chicago
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:12 am

amoergosum wrote:
Kurtis wrote:Vinnie doesn't lurk any drum forum. He has a guy that lurks for him. Maybe the person who runs his web site.

Vinnie is busy >>>

"Joining Mr. Obama for the joyous occasion was a bevy of other famous faces, including fellow Chi-town star Jennifer Hudson as well as famed drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and the city's mayor, Rahm Emanuel.
As for the musical entertainment, Hudson, Herbie Hancock and the rock group OK Go all took the stage throughout the evening, the American Idol star singing "Happy Birthday" to the President."

Source:
http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/presid ... ty-chicago

"After the birthday bash for the President, Mr. Colaiuta went back to the hotel to do followups on the popular drumming forum, Houseofdrumming.com. A forum that is built around the inspiring talents of Mr. Colaiuta and other professional drummers, inspiring any and everyone worldwide in relation to drumming. However, Mr. Colaiuta vows to fight the internet from, in what he considers illegally, spreading his talents, rather it be through video or audio. The rest of the night, Vinnie googled himself on such popular sites as Youtube.com and Houseofdrumming.com in hopes of being able to stop any leaks of his performances. If any performance is found he hasn't approved or received compensation for, he immediately starts the progress of getting the performance removed, through whatever means necessary, disappointing hundreds of die hard Vinnie fans worldwide. Don't let him catch you with a recording device at a live performance either."

:D
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:29 am

Here's my personal Vinnie story...long story short.

I have been inspired by Vinnie since the Ten Summoner's Tales album came out. I was 12...the same age I started playing drums. My mom loves Sting and I remember listening to it in the car trying to figure out what the hell was going on with track 2, 5 and 7. Since then, I've been hooked.

I got my first chance to see him live this past June with Herbie Hancock - my birthday actually. I'm not one to approach people for pictures or autographs, but this was my drumming hero. After the concert, I waited by the door outside the venue where the artists leave and get on the bus. There were a couple of people gathered and waiting on a chance for an autograph. James Genus comes out and chats a bit with some of us. Kristina Train comes out and chats with us. Herbie Hancock comes out, takes pictures, chats and even does a voice recording on a guys zoom for the radio call..."this is Herbie Hancock and you're listening to..."

They all tell me Vinnie will be out any minute to have a smoke...

waiting....waiting....waiting....

The bus starts to move.

I look and see Vinnie walking down the street to the hotel in the distance...the guy snuck out to avoid us!!!

I understand not wanting to be bothered by people, but it was like 3 of us just wanting a quick picture...
Don Worth

Postby Don Worth » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:02 am

Clint, I would sure like a copy also.

Thanks.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

drum6282 wrote:Here's my personal Vinnie story...long story short.

I have been inspired by Vinnie since the Ten Summoner's Tales album came out. I was 12...the same age I started playing drums. My mom loves Sting and I remember listening to it in the car trying to figure out what the hell was going on with track 2, 5 and 7. Since then, I've been hooked.

I got my first chance to see him live this past June with Herbie Hancock - my birthday actually. I'm not one to approach people for pictures or autographs, but this was my drumming hero. After the concert, I waited by the door outside the venue where the artists leave and get on the bus. There were a couple of people gathered and waiting on a chance for an autograph. James Genus comes out and chats a bit with some of us. Kristina Train comes out and chats with us. Herbie Hancock comes out, takes pictures, chats and even does a voice recording on a guys zoom for the radio call..."this is Herbie Hancock and you're listening to..."

They all tell me Vinnie will be out any minute to have a smoke...

waiting....waiting....waiting....

The bus starts to move.

I look and see Vinnie walking down the street to the hotel in the distance...the guy snuck out to avoid us!!!

I understand not wanting to be bothered by people, but it was like 3 of us just wanting a quick picture...

You´re not alone. When he was here in San Javier Jazz Festival with H. Hancock, I (and others) could chat/take pictures with EVERYBODY, and Vinnie refused even to take a picture with the director of the festival. He just disappeared, I don´t know how or when.

I´ve just remembered...Damn, I lost my picture with Herbie too !!
MAKE SECURITY COPIES OF YOUR FILES, OFTEN !!
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

I only saw Vinnie once in 2001....he played with Karizma in Germany.
After the concert he joined the crowd in the club...people talked to him, took pictures...he was very friendly
and loved being there.
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 am

Ive heard mostly bad things about Vinnie's behavior towards people when he's not on the drum throne. With only one exception, a kid i know working the local House Of Blues helped Vinnie and had a good convo with him after playing with J Beck.
When my wife and I saw Vinnie with Jeff in philly two years ago, we just stood outside the back door to see the band get on the bus. im not one for going up to these people and gushing, they get that enough already. We just wanted to stand right there and see him up close. But, Jeff came out and he was gracious. Then Tal walks out and starts to talk a little bit, Vinnie comes out and a few people, my wife included, cheer. He snubs us and very sternly grabs Tal's arm and tells her she needs to get on the bus NOW. That really bothered us. Weckl kinda snubbed me once in Philly, but he at least had a nice convo with my wife. Hell, id rather speak to her than me anyway, haha. If Vinnie was a business owner in the traditional sense, Id never patronize his store again. But the problem, and he knows it, is that he is the only Vinnie in the world. We hang on every single stroke and accent like its the bible. No matter how he is personally, we want more drumming. I guess he has the right to control what is out there if we, collectively are using his name, even if we arent striving to profit financially off of his videos on youtube or drummerworld or whereever. what can ya do? Drummers have argued for years that we"own what we play" and here he is putting his money where his mouth is. Guess we should just be happy that we heard it.

Return to “Drumming Chat”