DIY hardware cases

YamahaPlayer

Re: DIY hardware cases

Postby YamahaPlayer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:37 am

I just got the Casico Interstate catalog and checked out the cases, there must be 50 hardware "bags" and/or tilt and go cases by major brands in there for under $200. Think I may just order me up a new one too, the prices seem to have dropped pretty substantially over the last few years.
Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:55 pm

YamahaPlayer wrote:I just got the Casico Interstate catalog and checked out the cases, there must be 50 hardware "bags" and/or tilt and go cases by major brands in there for under $200. Think I may just order me up a new one too, the prices seem to have dropped pretty substantially over the last few years.

I'll stick with the $30 athletic bags from Target for my lighter stuff and use the $ saved for other things. I have bags (2 with wheels) that are 8-10 years old now that hardly show any wear. The bags I got from military surplus at $60 apiece for my heavier hardware kick H&B, Protection Racket and SKB's collective asses. The Navy duffel I have is just so incredibly well made. Lots of room, very sturdy material and extra heavy duty stitching and zippers. Hey, they have to be able to stand up to the kind of abuse a sailor will put them through! They hold up nicely through the abuse 100+ dates a year I put them through too.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 am

That is a good point you make, I'll have to scrounge around some Army-Navy Surplus store around here.

Return to “Drumming Chat”