Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Todd Sucherman

Re: Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Postby Todd Sucherman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:32 am

Juan--

Those are GK Ultraphone indeed. They don't make the Superphones anymore, which I thought sounded significantly better but aren't as comfortable over long periods on time. I have 1 pair of Supers and 2 pair of Ultras.

langmick---

Thanks! And no, I took nothing the wrong way at all. Hope you dig it. Your feedback is always welcomed.

deseipel---

The "Quick Tip" voice and all other voices are yours truly!

Cheers from Vegas,

Todd
whitehousec

Postby whitehousec » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Got mine today, just had a quick skim. Awesome! It's amazing that you managed to out do the first one...but ya have!!

Quick tip point on how to hit the cymbals - so true. The amount of guys coming into a store with broken cymbals that could have been saved if they knew how to hit 'em...and that's even after us suggesting how to hit them too. I had a guy in today who broke hats - in the bell????? So yeah, great inclusion there.

Another awesome job Todd. Consider the bar raised. Again!
Todd Sucherman

Postby Todd Sucherman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Hey Chris,

Thanks a lot, and great to hear from you! Yeah, I've heard stories about guys breaking ride cymbals. I'm not even sure how that's done! I still break a fair amount but seems like less in recent years. Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback and for licking the DVD up in the first place!

My best to you-

Todd
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Once again my friend you have raised the bar, Methods and Mechanics 2 is superb. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Great DVD Todd! Killer.

I've said it before, but playing with that band must be a freaking blast.

EDIT: I just finished it and your final thoughts on playing and life and philosophy/attitude were a nice welcome touch, there is not enough written on the why of playing drums. What is more important than the reason for doing it and how to handle doing it? Ok, I know the blushda, but WHY. If I don't know that, so what if I know a lick? Can I handle using it tastefully, why tastefully? Can I handle success? The video with Tony talking philosophically about drumming, as well as this, is exactly the evolved high spirit of drumming IMO. Anyway, it touched a spot with me (obviously) that I think about a lot. THANKS!

I would have liked for you to talk a bit about monitor mixes and handling sound, I find that's something important in my travels. I'm sure you have some thoughts on it. I know what I like, but could it be better... You're just the guy who knows!
JohnDrum

Postby JohnDrum » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 am

Finally arrived here in the UK, and it was in the DVD payer within 10 minutes for a quick preview....all I can say is...wow!

Great production, great sound, great playing and insight....good job Todd.I've yet to watch all of it, and I can't see my having a solid chunk of time to watch it all in one go, given my situation with the missus' health, but I can probably only absorb so much anyway!
:D
People whistle the song -they don't whistle your drum part - Ringo Starr
Da Chooch

Postby Da Chooch » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:11 pm

LOVE the dvd Todd. Great production as always, phenomenal playing and some great music! I find myself going back and ffwd-ing to all the parts that didn't involve the drumming and I realize for the same reason (as above posts). There aren't many videos where they talk about the emotional, physical and psychological impact of the road. . . .

*******<insert> spoiler alert************

Or even the basic logistics of working out who your airline carrier is, to choosing the type of luggage that you do as well as basic things to look out in hotel rooms. my wife always laughs at the intro to "QUICK TIP" and "HANDS". the kids enjoyed the tour bus section as well. they're like... "dad! show us the RV!!!"... LOL

I think these mentioned sections were the most impactful parts of the dvd for me. Of course your rendition of Manic Depression did just that. made me slack jawed in awe at the same time got me depressed but that's a whole other subject. ;)

You definitely cover grounds that many dvd's do not and I (as well as others) am glad you decide to make another. Keep inspiring us w/ your great drumming and thanks for the shared real-world knowledge of being a professional musician.

cheers,

chooch
....ALWAYS let the Wookie win....
Todd Sucherman

Postby Todd Sucherman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 am

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. I truly and deeply appreciate it. It's gratifying to get notes like this and so great to hear of your collective enjoyment. Drummers really do belong to the coolest club on earth, no question.

At the risk of sounding self important or heavy handed, the M&M DVDs really are my love letter to drummers. Most of my best friends have always been drummers or musicians of all sorts in general and, and it's such a deep bond that's truly life long. Thanks to you guys for the friendship.

Cheers from Niagara Falls-
Todd
CPS

Postby CPS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:07 am

langmick wrote:Great DVD Todd! Killer.

I've said it before, but playing with that band must be a freaking blast.

EDIT: I just finished it and your final thoughts on playing and life and philosophy/attitude were a nice welcome touch, there is not enough written on the why of playing drums. What is more important than the reason for doing it and how to handle doing it? Ok, I know the blushda, but WHY. If I don't know that, so what if I know a lick? Can I handle using it tastefully, why tastefully? Can I handle success? The video with Tony talking philosophically about drumming, as well as this, is exactly the evolved high spirit of drumming IMO. Anyway, it touched a spot with me (obviously) that I think about a lot. THANKS!

I would have liked for you to talk a bit about monitor mixes and handling sound, I find that's something important in my travels. I'm sure you have some thoughts on it. I know what I like, but could it be better... You're just the guy who knows!

Put it better than I could, dude. Was gonna echo this is some way... No need!!!
cristaples

Postby cristaples » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:43 am

Awesome work, these are the best drumming DVDs ever, please go and make more! :0)

Return to “Drumming Chat”