Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Clint Hopkins

Re: Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Postby Clint Hopkins » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:50 am

Todd,
Just got mine and have just scanned through, but wow, what I've watched is amazing! Every bit as good as the first one. Hope to catch you guys on the road.
funkydrummer

Postby funkydrummer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

Stellar. Absolutely stellar. You have outdone yourself once again (although I am not surprised that it is as superb as it is).
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 am

For those of you who have purchased material from HUDSON DIGITAL STORE (like me with Todd and Gavin DVDs)...good news:
Hudson has launched an app for Iphone/Ipad...

The info:

"We are extremely pleased and excited to announce that you can now transfer video downloads purchased through our On Demand Instand Download catalog, from your computer to your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch!

Here’s how:

Download and install the MOD Mobile app from iTunes.
Connect your device to your computer.
Open the Hudson Digital On Demand player, go to the “Options” menu (upper right hand corner) and choose “Copy Media to iOS Device.”
Follow the directions on your screen, and once your video is copied over, you’ll be able to view the lesson in very high quality on your portable player!"

The app link to Itunes
http://hudsonmusic.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=62114f1315e2c2dd084e56051&id=8c9628557b&e=92e9ebd34c
Randy Walker

Postby Randy Walker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am

its not too late to pick up Todds latest dvd as a xmas gift for someone
Matus

Postby Matus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Got it this week from Hudson and it's stellar. The drumming is beautiful and the tips are real life stuff. I'll be giving it 5/5 stars on my review :) Congrats, Todd. And thanks for putting so much love into it, it shows.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
cnath

Postby cnath » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Just got back from Todd's clinic here in Dallas this afternoon , and I gotta say, one of the most enjoyable clinics I've seen in years - lots of playing ( which was fantasic.. wow, actually a sound guy that could get a good level between live drums and a track - pretty rare in my experience...) Really liked the question and answer section - better than average questions from the audience , and great info from Todd..... Wish I could have stayed around to say hi - maybe there'll be another chance sometime .. very inspiring

Cnath
CPS

Postby CPS » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:35 am

Hey, Todd, any plans to come over to the UK and do some clinic dates? After two acclaimed DVDs of such great quality, we'd love to see you (I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of a lot of people)! Or do you prefer to stay in the US?
Todd Sucherman

Postby Todd Sucherman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the continued kind words and support. It means so much, so my deepest thanks to you guys.

Cnath---

Thanks for making it out to the clinic. Sorry you had to split and we didn't connect.

CPS--

The reality its......no one from the UK has ever invited me over for clinics. That's the way they work. You see, artists don't decide when and where they do clinics. Otherwise there would be tons of players doing 60 clinics a year. If an artist works on a clinic schedule apart from their respective endorsement companies, the companies tend to feel like you're obligating them for financial support---and they often don't take kindly to that. However, if a store or festival requests a guy through the proper chain of command (in my case, Pearl and Sabian) then the companies are "in" financially. I love the UK and I love playing there, so my choice of staying in the US has nothing to do with it. I've been to the UK a dozen or more times. I would love to do clinics there. But the reality is, again, I haven't been invited. So there you go!

Cheers,
Todd
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Todd Sucherman wrote:If an artist works on a clinic schedule apart from their respective endorsement companies, the companies tend to feel like you're obligating them for financial support---and they often don't take kindly to that. However, if a store or festival requests a guy through the proper chain of command (in my case, Pearl and Sabian) then the companies are "in" financially.

That's the kicker.

We've tried to book clinics with local drum shops and the cost far exceeds the practical fiscal issues. The respective companies (and/or artist) require far more in support then makes the event worth it.

That's why there are fewer clinics now then ever before. Unfortunately.

Local drum shops can't afford $20,000 for a clinic any more then people can afford $5,000 snare drums.
Todd Sucherman

Postby Todd Sucherman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:27 am

Josiah,

I've been to Colorado once for a clinic and I can tell you that the entire cost wasn't anywhere near $5,000, much less $20,000. I have no idea what your information is based on, but it's not based on reality using United States currency. You are way, way off.

Oh wait--- you're the guy that attacked me on the Empyrean drum, right? Right. By the way we've sold six of them, which is five more than I thought we would. (Champagne corks flying.)

Cheers,
Todd

Return to “Drumming Chat”